Skip to main content

Ginter ... just because I like annoying people


But before I start annoying people, let me ask, what are team collectors doing about these things? Are you obsessively saving one because Topps has issued an app ad for every team?

I am. But I feel goofy about it.

Anyway, this came with a whole bunch of 2012 Allen & Ginter from Chris at Nachos Grande, who must have A&G seeping out of every crack in the wall. He even sent two separate packages a couple of weeks apart, as if he suddenly came upon another stack growing in the hallway.

I gladly accepted them because I'm trying to complete the set for a fifth straight year. But part of me hesitated in showing them because so many people are "sick of Allen & Ginter." Heck, even I sort of breeze through the Gint-a-Cuffs posts as I'm not in the competition this year.

But because I'm not in Gint-a-Cuffs I miss out on the delightful ritual of annoying folks just because. And that's not right. I should have the right to annoy with Allen & Ginter every year, whether I'm in Gint-a-Cuffs or not.

So ....

From Nachos Grande, here is:


A mini.


A black-border mini.


A sideways black-border mini.


A Sandy.


An Ackley.


A Worley.

A Petty.


A Johnny.


A Kersee.


A Loney.


A Wandy.


A Beachy.


A Frenchy.


A Yogi.


And a Kershaw.

Because ...



Plus, a whole mess of others:


Love,

Owly.



(P.S.: Still no Kate Upton).

Comments

Josh D. said…
Did you get an Erin Andrews yet? That's better than any of the Uptons (Kate, Justin, BJ) anyway.
Spiegel83 said…
I just realized that I don't have all the 2012 Ginter Dodger base cards yet. I have some work to do.
Hackenbush said…
I sure know who Koufax got that perfecto against. A recent Hall of Fame third baseman was one of his victims that day. In fact there were 3 future HOFers in the lineup batting 3,4,5 who struck out a combined six times. Sandy's The Man.
AdamE said…
I'm chasing my teamrthis year because I must get them all. I have to say though this year they look horrible. The black borders are so bad I am going to ignore them this year.
A Loney. That's funny.

I have an Upton in my GintACuffs box and I'm thinking I would like to see her and Erin Andrews up close in person to decide.