Skip to main content

The Rolls Reuss of Reuss cards

Nope, it's not this one. I would have voted for this card, but it finished in second place.

It's not this card either. This finished in a tie with the 1976 Topps. Each received seven votes in the poll.

The winner, as the best Jerry Reuss card, is the 1983 Topps card. It received 10 votes out of the 44 cast.

I can't disagree with this decision. Reuss is pictured as a Dodger on one of my favorite sets of all-time. It's definitely the best set of the 1980s. And 1983 is one of my favorite years ever for a handful of personal reasons. It's good to see the Dodger fans pull their weight on my measly little poll. Save some of that energy for the All-Star ballotting. I don't want to see Kemp get screwed again.

So, there you are. The best card of a former major league pitcher who also reads card blogs. Thanks, Mr. Reuss for a great week.

Meanwhile, this is probably my last post of the day. I have a glorious all-day, all-night work schedule ahead. If I get to make a comment on the occasional blog, that will be an achievement.

So I'll leave you with this. It's something that dogfacedgremlin had to call to my attention since my television is virtually inoperable during non-baseball season.



What's better than having a little Captain in ya? Having a little Night Owl in ya.

Woooo! Good night.

Comments

Doc said…
"What's better than having a little Captain in ya? Having a little Night Owl in ya."

That is so wrong on so many levels. Thanks for making me taste my breakfast again.
This has taken a terrible turn. It starts out with the wrong card winning and ends with...well, just unnatural things. Great post title by the way.
Anonymous said…
Ahhh I love 'em both. The '83 is my 2nd fav Reuss card