Skip to main content

Welcome, Hanley ... now hit!!!!


I'm taking a bit of a break from the blog, which of course automatically means something is going to happen that requires my attention.

The Dodgers, as you know, have acquired infielder Hanley Ramirez and left-handed reliever Randy Choate from the Marlins for pitcher Nathan Eovaldi and a minor leaguer.

I like this trade. Eovaldi might be pretty good in the future, but the Dodgers don't really need more pitching, they need hitting, desperately.

I know Ramirez isn't having the greatest year. He's still a hell of a lot better than Juan Uribe and even Dee Gordon. And, unlike so many deadline deals that I see, this one doesn't look desperately desperate and stupid.

I would love to see Ramirez in a Dodger uniform on a baseball card. I present this photoshopped Ramirez Opening Day card as a challenge to someone to turn it into a Ramirez Dodger card.

Best version gets some cards from me. Either send me an email of your creation or show it on your blog. I can't promise I'll see it right away, but I'll get back to you.

So, welcome Hanley!!

Now, HIT!!!

Comments

Kbrewster/90 said…
So can we now dump all our Hanley cards on you?
night owl said…
Nope. Got to be wearing a Dodger uni. I don't give a fish about the Marlins.
madding said…
This is probably my least favorite card of the last five years or so. I can't stand the Marlins new look, the Photoshopping is some of the worst I've ever seen and even his face looks plastered onto something... somehow.
Spiegel83 said…
Night Owl, are you going to get a Hanley Dodgers jersey?
night owl said…
The only jersey I have is a Duke Snider jersey. I mostly can't afford them.
jacobmrley said…
OK, I was trying to make a gag card for you but I am such a bad artist, it came out more like someone who was trying to do well but fail miserably, more than like someone trying to mock their lack of skills. That's right, I suck at sucking.

http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/rr93/jacobmrley/blog/Scan_Pic009.jpg

It's still pretty funny looking.