Skip to main content

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ... minis!!!!!!!!!! Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ... cake!!!!!!!!!!


Today is my birthday.

It really is a great day and I'm looking forward to it for all the usual reasons. And those reasons would be: I'm off. It's the summer. The weather's great. I get presents. I get cash. The chance of receiving cards is excellent.

But I'm looking forward to it for something I haven't been so geared up over since I was probably 6 years old.

I get to eat cake.

Due to my diet cutbacks, I haven't eaten a piece of cake in at least seven months. Probably longer. Cake was never my favorite dessert. I've always been more of a pie-ice cream person. But, now, because it's been so long, I can't believe someone will be making a cake just for little ol' me.

I also get to eat ice cream. I've eaten ice cream a little more often since the overhaul went into effect. But I could probably count the times on one hand.

So the cake and ice cream part will be the highlight.

The other big highlight will be the cards. I don't expect to get many. But I do expect some cash, which will undoubtedly go toward cards, which you'll see in the coming weeks.

For now, I choose to celebrate my birthday on this blog with the greatest cards of all-time.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM ... MINIS!!!!!!!!!!

I received 29 minis for the 1975 Topps mini set completion cause from the always generous mr haverkamp, a.k.a., Jim. He checked out my want list and everything.

Let's have a look:


MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMINIS!!!!!!!!!!!!

MINIS, MINIS, MINIS!!!!!!!

MINNNIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Some of you may be wondering about the proper spelling of the word "minis" when saying it in an enthusiastic, excited fashion. Well, you can say it and spell it two ways, depending on your preference. You can go with elongating the "M" first like when saying mmmmmmmmmmmmm ... cake!!!!! However, the intensity brought on by '75 minis greatness may cause a tickling sensation in your lips and cut you off in mid-MINI!!!!! So, you might not want to spell it that way. I recommend elongating the second "I" in Mini and then lingering on the "S." That way you can end in grand fashion and conceivably say the word "Mini" forever -- if you build up enough lung power. Plus the chances of splattering everyone with spit is much greater).

I can't think of a better kind of card to feature on my birthday (besides I've run out of ballplayers who share my birthday to display).

I'm off to celebrate now. And I'll let you know how the cake was.

But I probably won't be back until it's this guy's birthday:


He has the misfortune to be born a day after the greatest day on the calendar.

Comments

Happy Birthday! Enjoy your cake, ice cream and any cards you get.
Happy Birthday. Wow, Mini cards make a great present. I can't remember what I got, but if it were some great cards that would have been great.

Enjoy the cake.
Cards in any form make a great present. Happy Birthday!
Robert said…
Great minis! Happy Birthday!!
Matt Runyon said…
You got five Giants cards -- a fine haul :)
SpastikMooss said…
Happy Birthday Owl, July birthdays are the best!
Greg Zakwin said…
Happy Birthday fellow Greg and fellow July-er!

And let the record show I believe Don Kessinger has the greatest possible birthday on the calendar.
Kbrewster/90 said…
Happy Birthday Mr. Owl! Have a cardalicious bday!
Nick said…
Happy birthday! I'd love to get minis for my b-day sometime.

I'm loving that Bill Lee mini, I'll have to pick up one of those for myself soon.
Commishbob said…
Happy Birthday Mr. Owl

signed
-Adam Jones
Zayden said…
Happy Birthday Owl! I hope many more minis come your way!! Oh and cake too!!!
Alfredo Ortega said…
Happy B-day homie!! Here's to many more!!
mr haverkamp said…
Hope the sugar free cake was tasty! If anyone deserved a Dodger W tonight, it's the Night Owl....sorry they didn't pull it off.
Hackenbush said…
Happy belated birthday!