Skip to main content

Color me hopeless

Don't ask me why I was going through my 1991 Fleer cards the other day, but I was. And I came across this card.

Being the hopeless color freak that I am, I read the name, looked at the border, and chuckled.

That prompted me to track down these other cards:

The Bud Black card may not be as obvious as the other ones, but it works for me.

I didn't spend a lot of time searching, so I don't know if there are similar cards for Pete Rose or Frank/Roy/Bill/Gabe White or Kevin/Bobby/Chris/Emil/Gates/Jackie Brown. But I'll search again some other time.

If you found this as fascinating as I did, or even vaguely eventful, then you may be a color freak, too. If you didn't, well, that's OK. I now return you to your colorless, barren, despair-filled lives.

Joking. I'm joking.

Comments

SpastikMooss said…
hahaha. I never would have made that connection. But I'm glad you did and now I'm lolling at it. Awesome as usual.
Anonymous said…
LOL This is just great!
As much as any blogger out there, you've gotten me to actually LOOK at the cards. Nice connection with the color/name combo. Now I have something else to look for.
Jeffrey Wolfe said…
That Blue card is awesome. Is that from the traded set?
Dylan Sharek said…
Awesome post. You've got a lot of time on your hands, huh?
night owl said…
Yup, the Blue card is from the '82 Traded set.