Skip to main content

A nest of activity

 
That's a moment-in-time snapshot of my card table and surrounding other activities in my card room.

There's a lot going on in there right now. Not only is it the central hub for cards coming in and cards going out, but there are two large boxes of cards coming in that I'm trying to get myself around. Also, TCDB offers have ramped up again.

And, those card stacks off to the left will tell you I'm in the middle of another Dodgers dupes card sort. I try to do this once a year, around September or so. But I skipped it last year so there's even more to do. Also, life has somehow turned what was once a week-long activity into a two-month activity. I don't know how it did that, but it dood.


More card stacks.



More incoming.

There is a lot to do, card-wise. And blog-wise. I have topics in mind that involve research. And little time to do it.

When I'm in that kind of crunch, sometimes I dismiss incoming cards for blog posts, thinking that I just can't come up with anything to make that stuff interesting to anyone but me. But I've got to remember, some people read card blogs just to look at pretty card pictures! Probably some of them don't even read a word!

So I'll get some of these off the card desks and into binders where they belong.


The latest 1975 Topps buyback arrivals. I'm always super-pleased to add more. The Dodgers team card cracks me up as the buyback wording is stamped on there upside down -- just to ruin the card even more. Also pleased with the Hahn card as that's one of those commons that took years to show up anywhere.

I've got 476 buybacks from the set now for 72% completion. As I've said before, I'll wait to see what comes out of 2024 Heritage but I probably will be happy reaching 75%. There are some buybacks out there -- like the MVP subset cards and the league leaders cards -- that are priced way too high for me. I envision the same thing happening to those Heritage buybacks.


These three Swell cards arrived from reader Casey. Collecting all three Swell sets is a bit time-consuming but they're easy fodder for TCDB trades so I have no problem enjoying the journey. I love those yellow-red ones so much.
 


Back to cards I sent myself. These are the latest from the O-Pee-Chee Dodgers quest. There are a lot more to go and I'm pacing myself with purchasing about one or two a week. You run into Canadian postage issues at times with these but so far OPCs are gloriously cheap. May they always stay that way.
 
 

For shame on me for taking my most recent TCDB trade and filing the cards away without showing them here first.

I received a very nice selection of cards from Bristol Bob, all for some extra Dodgers. Two 1975 Hostess cards would be nice all by themselves.

But these three key Dodgers from the 2022 Chrome Anniversary set came along, too. Oh my goodness, if I can get all the Dodgers without spending anything on them, that would be tremendous.
 


But that's not all! The last two non-shortprints from 2023 Heritage showed up, too! Woo!

All that's left for the set is slogging through the SPs, which I know will take quite awhile. I'm hoping it doesn't take a dozen years like the 2008 Heritage set. We'll see how dedicated I can be (and whether any prices get dumb).

So that's several cards that deserved to see the light of day. Cards can't be casualties of a busy life, they need to be celebrated in pictures. Even after writing this blog for 15 years, I need to remind myself of that.

OK, back to the stupid things that take me away from the nest.

Comments

Brett Alan said…
Yeah, I've got a lot of cards to process as well, mostly because I've been finding $17 blasters at Walmart. Picked up one of 2022 Ginter today! And a card show coming up Sunday.
Processing cards is what I do.
Nick said…
Your room looks a lot more together than mine! I have binders in five or six different places around my room, and they're nowhere near as colorful as yours. I also need to find some bigger binders, because a lot of mine are starting to get dreadfully overfilled.
Zippy Zappy said…
Looks like you'll have some room for the 2 cards I just sent you.
Crocodile said…
Someday I hope to have a room as organized as that.
CrazieJoe said…
A busy card space, is a good card space.

The yellow and red Swell set is one that, as soon as I saw, I put on the list of sets I like (slowly) collecting. A really nice set.
1984 Tigers said…
That looks a lot like a room full of Christmas gifts when you find out you had a 100 secret Santas! Enjoy the memories as we enjoy the blogs.
Old Cards said…
You just taught me some French. What a crazy word for outfield.
Michael D said…
It seems to be that time of year where we all have too much going on to keep up with the cards that are coming and going or have any time at all for the collection.
Jon said…
I feel like I say the same thing every time I see large stacks of cards in a post, but oh well, I'll say it again anyway... I'm very glad that I'm not the one who has to sort those!