Skip to main content

Cardboard appreciation: 1954 Topps Junior Gilliam

(My favorite month of the year is two days away. Weeeeeee! Time for Cardboard Appreciation. This is the 70th in a series):


I love baseball!

The Dodgers beat the Giants! Joe Torre didn't screw up the game! Interleague play is over!

I love baseball!

The All-Star Game is next month! I get to see a game in person next month! I'll get something baseball-y for my birthday next month!

I love baseball!

My box of 2010 Allen & Ginter is scheduled to arrive on Wednesday! I am scheduled to turn my Strasburg refractor winnings into vintage goodness on Wednesday!

I love baseball!

I have two days off! There's a full slate of games on the tube! There's beer in the fridge! And the Don himself sent me this 1954 Topps card of Junior "1953 N.L. Rookie of the Year" Gilliam!

Did I mention that I love baseball?

It should be like the national pastime or something.

Comments

Now THAT'S a baseball card worth appreciating. Very nice. No wonder you're so happy. Baseball really should be the National Pastime!
Anonymous said…
Not gonna lie...the part that made me the most excited was "There's beer in the fridge!"

Not that I'm an alcoholic or anything...I just like me a cold brew from time to time...
GREAT POST OWLIE!!! I think that is my favorite card of Junior, awesome! Wicked is great like that. Cold beer, baseball and baseball cards... Just don't blog drunk, I have made that mistake way too many times!