Skip to main content

Better than a greeting card

About two weeks ago, I received something in the mail from Joe M.

It arrived right during a period when I was absolutely furious at work. I mean so furious that playing the lottery on a daily basis not only seemed like a good idea, but that it was my DUTY.

The mailing was better than any "get well" or "thinking of you" card.

Here is what fell out:




In order, that is:

1. A jersey relic of Dusty Baker from 2006 Fleer Greats of the Game
2. A jersey relic/autograph card of Chad Billingsley from 2008 Upper Deck Masterpieces

That is muy awesome.

The truly fantastic nature of the Billingsley card overshadows the momentary horror that I felt when I turned over the Baker card and read this:

"Congratulations! You have received a Dusty Baker game-used coach's jersey trading card. On the front of this card is an authentic piece of a coach's jersey worn by Dusty Baker in an official Giants MLB game. We hope you enjoy this piece of MLB history."

Well, Fleer, humbly begging your pardon, I am trying to enjoy that piece of MLB history, but you just stuck the word GIANTS in there. Way to set off the gag reflex (Was Baker ever a coach for the Giants? I just remember him managing there).

So I've decided to only view the card from the front and that'll make the bad thoughts go away.

Hmmm, maybe I should take these cards to work with me. Lots of bad thoughts there.

Thanks, Joe.

Comments

Doc said…
Double the Baker card up in a 9-pocket sleeve so you don't have to view the word Giants. Living in denial is utopia compared to having to acknowledge that a piece of Giant memorabilia has snuck into your team collection.

Oh yeah, GO PADRES! :-)