All right, you panicky people, did you think I'd go and do something foolish and use this card for a coaster?
Of course I was going to sell it. I just needed a few moments to stop the vibrations in my head. I literally had butterflies when I wrote the last post. It reminded me of when I was 9 and pulled a 1975 Johnny Bench card out of a pack and immediately freaked because I thought a gust of wind would sweep it out of my undeserving hands forever.
But a '75 Bench card isn't going to fetch $150, which is exactly what I hope this card produces. The ebay listing is up in all its glory. Thanks to everyone who offered to help with the sale since I am a newbie when it comes to ebay selling. I decided to let Rob of Voice of the Collector handle it. I've known him since the beginnings of my blog, and he's always been pleasant and helpful in my communications with him.
Thanks for your advice and your compliments. It's really some kind of pull for someone on my budget who lives where I do. And I'm glad I could share it with somebody. My wife, in her wonderful way, really tried to understand. My daughter rolled her eyes about 46 times. So, you folks come in handy.
Anyway, that is where I stand. Meanwhile, you're waiting for some entertainment. So how about I open my Topps Series 2 cereal box that I bought with the Bowman blaster? I know lots of people have seen Series 2 already (hint: it looks a lot like Series 1). But I always have to show it on my blog, too. You know, to make it O-fish-ee-al.
I would show the box, but it's already in the garbage, under some discarded food items. Scanning it would be most unpleasant, both for you and me. So, believe me when I say that when I was at Wal-Mart, I pushed aside the Mickey Mantle boxes (so sick of the Mick) to grab the Babe Ruth box.
Here is the rest of it:
1. #645 - Texas Rangers (first card of Series 2. Rather dull).
2. #527 - Brandon Wood, Angels3. #388 - Joel Piniero, Angels
4. #505 - Andy Marte, Indians
8. #347 - Aaron Harang, Reds
9. #626 - Glen Perkins, Twins
13. #596 - Brendan Ryan, Cardinals
16. #526 - Carlos Guillen, Tigers
17. #504 - Jeff Mathis, Angels
20. #461 - Tyson Ross, Athletics
24. #646 - Trevor Crowe, Indians
31. #PP-96, Dan Haren, Diamondbacks, Peak Performance
34. #620 - Geovany Soto, Cubs
37. #336 - C.J. Wilson, Rangers
38. #653 - Nolan Reimold, Orioles
39. #644 - David Purcey, Blue Jays
40. #630 - Ben Francisco, Phillies
53. #399 - Matt Garza, Rays