Skip to main content

Say cheese

 
It's Father's Day.

As a father, here are the typical father things, according to greeting cards and TV commercials, that I don't do:

Fish, golf, hunt, drive a truck, carve wooden ducks, wear a tie, haul stuff, work on engines, tool around in my shed out back.

Here's a father thing that I do do:

Eat.

Fortunately, a couple of people in my family do know what I do -- unlike this year's commerical annoyance from the Duluth Trading Company. In fact, my quite intelligent offspring presented me with an appropriate gift.

The gift of cheese.

I cannot think of a more perfect Father's Day gift. (Well, yeah, there are cards, but you'll have to talk that over with my stomach).

My daughter seems to have this ability to live around great cheese places and I've been the beneficiary the last couple of Father's Days. So in honor of the cheese I am about to consume, let's combine my two loves with a few blog-appropriate images.



You may have gifted your father with a tie or a hammer or a wallet and, my goodness, what were you thinking?

Next Father's Day ...


CHEESE, dammit!
 
Dad -- at least this dad -- will appreciate it.

Or, go the extra effort and give your dad the 1986 Dorman's Cheese set!


Happy Father's Day everyone. Especially the dads who don't do the stereotypical dad stuff.

Comments

I used to hunt, fish, wear a tie, work on engines, tool around in the shed, and golf. I will one day again drive a truck, golf, and tool around in the shed/garage/workshop. But the others are probably done...well I may have to wear a tie if I kick start my agency when I get back home, but I doubt it. Happy Father's Day!
Happy Father's Day.

The Royals baseball-related cheese slogan "Slides down your throat" is a bit odd.
Fuji said…
Never would have thought there were so many "cheese" cards in existence. Was craving toasted ravioli's after reading Snorting Bull's post. Now I want some bacon mac n' cheese.
bryan was here said…
What? No Mootown Snackers cards?

I have my father to thank for fostering my love of all sports, especially baseball. He's the one who bought me a pack of '81 and '82 Topps baseball cards every day on his way home from work. We didn't always see eye to eye on things when I was growing up, but the mutual love of sports kept us close. My son and I don't have the same sports bond, but we do bond over cars-something else my dad and I bonded over.
Billy Kingsley said…
I love cheese! What kind of cheese did you get?
Anonymous said…
I dig the Alf card. Too much cheese can't be good for you.
Jafronius said…
Happy Father's Day, cheese super collector!
night owl said…
@Billy Kingsley ~

Couldn't even tell ya, it was fancy stuff. One I know was Gouda-ish.
Matt said…
Where's Cabot cheese???