Skip to main content

Paralyzed by indecision

 
 
I've been sitting on quite the variety of packages from the past week. It's so much that I'm a little confused about what to show next and how.

I brought down three different packages/envelopes for today's intended post and then returned two of them to the card desk. Then I returned the third one to the card desk and brought down a different one -- mostly because there was so much indecision that I am now running out of time.

So, what I have for you is my latest prize winning from Johnny's Trading Spot, and, yes, I will be counting down my favorites. Don't roll your eyes, go watch hockey if you're not interested, just do everything in your power to make sure the game ends in regulation.

All right, Johnny did very well with this shipment. Out of the nine items he sent, seven were new to me.


9. 2003 Topps Julio Urias, foil parallel

I have three of these now. I don't know why. Are they double-printing foil parallels?



8. 2022 Topps Archives Mookie Betts, postcard insert

These are great. I got one right away for fear that it'd be elusive. Now I have a couple.



7. 2020 Bowman Draft Chrome Michael Busch, refractor

Michael Busch made his major league debut about a week ago and has appeared in three games for the Dodgers. It's about time after hearing about him for what seems like forever.



6. 2020 Bowman Heritage Chrome Prospects Keibert Ruiz, yellow parallel

I had to go on a fact-finding mission to figure out exactly what this was. As I've said many times before, I have a full-time job, Topps. Ruiz has been a National for three years and is a reminder that the Dodgers now have nothing from that trade with Washington. But at least this card is numbered to 75!



5. 2023 Topps "Star Power" checklist, foil parallel

That's a lot of levity for pregame. They must be about to play the Rockies.



4. 1996 Pro Stamps

I haven't collected stamps since I was like 9 but these look nice. Apparently you could join a club and collect stamps from other teams and the other three major sports as well.



3. 2020 Topps Archives Kenley Jansen, purple parallel

I am a sucker for the Archives border parallels from 2020-21, especially the ones that replicate the 2001 and 2002 Topps sets, which don't have the benefit of being sacrosanct in my brain so I don't get weirded out by the color change.
 
 

2. 2023 Topps Dodgers team card, red foil parallel

I am also a sucker for these shiny border parallels and the stained-glass effect. This is numbered to /199 and I got it confused briefly with the orange parallels that are numbered to /299.



1. 2023 Topps Big League James Outman

Woo! My first card of the April Rookie of the Month! Also my first 2023 Big League card!

It's an interesting card, is Outman adjusting his cup?
 
I've since been gifted with a handful of other Dodger Big League cards, which is perfect because I'd prefer not to buy these if I can help it.
 
Will those be a part of the next mailing I get up on this blog? Who know? I certainly don't.
 
 

 I just know I have some clearing out to do.

Comments

John Bateman said…
Yes, that might be the first card ever of a player adjusting his cup.
The Pro Stamps are awesome, although I really never know what to do with them: keep them in the 1996 Team Sets album or in the "Other Stuff" album. They've been moved a couple times.
bbcardz said…
These Dodger cards look pretty awesome. Those stamps look pretty cool but I'm especially partial to the 2023 Topps parallels.
woo woo, give a dog a bone. hehe. Glad I made a good choice to send.
steelehere said…
That 2023 Topps Star Power card is full of players that came off of paternity leave the past two weeks. I expect any day to hear that Freddie Freeman and Gavin Lux are expecting kids as well.
Nick said…
I'm also a sucker for Archives parallels. They have no reason to exist, but I get way too excited when one falls into my lap.
Michael D said…
Looks like you got some good cards. What do you think about Topps Big League? I'm trying really hard not to get into these because I've got too much on my plate already, but they look nice.
night owl said…
I've liked Big League in the past, but don't like what they've done to it this year as far as short-printing some of the cards in the set (and making them foil).
Nick Vossbrink said…
I chuckled at your comments about 2001 and 2002 Topps. Changing the 2002 borders really shows how nice the design is when it's not the ugly poop color.
Bo said…
Lots of nice shiny cards there.
Fuji said…
The stamp sheet is cool. I own the A's, Padres, and a few other teams... but I guess I need to track down the Dodgers for that Nomo.
Jon said…
That is a lot of packages! For someone who posts so often, I suppose that that would be a good problem to have.
Jafronius said…
Johnny is generous with all that shiny!