Skip to main content

Awesome night card, pt. 42

This is a lot to put on one guy, but this is what I hope Albert Pujols does:

1. I hope he breaks the single-season home run record. Yeah, I know, he's not quite on record-setting pace this year, but once you get to 30 home runs before the All-Star break anything can happen.

2. I hope he sets the career home run record. I'm sick of losers like Barry Bonds and Alex Rodriguez -- yes, you can be rich, famous, talented and still be a loser -- owning all the milestone marks.

3. I hope he remains as clean and as principled a guy as he seems to be. Yes, that matters to me. I don't like it when people say they don't care anymore whether someone is using PEDs or not, that they're beyond that. Well, I'm not beyond that. And I don't think anyone should be beyond that. I think we're in terrible shape if we do get beyond it.

So, that's all I'm asking of you, Albert. Do you think you can go down in history as the best hitter of all-time and remain a good guy who played the game without a medicinal performance boost?

We're counting on you. Or at least I am. No pressure.

Comments

I'm not a Cards fan, but I'm with you on this one. I don't see anyone just dominating like he does right now and I want him to stay healthy and clean and DEMOLISH the home run records of all the Cheaters. But, yea, no pressure Albert.
Two Packs A Day said…
I'm torn on Pujols. He proclaims he's been clean of PED usage (which in the past, we find out that athletes who proclaim that have been found to have lied).

On the other hand, I would have more comfort if the complete 2002 or 2003 PED user list came out and he was not on it. He probably isn't on it because I'm sure his name would have been leaked by now.
I agree..I wish they could release the whole list, let the players deal with it however they want (ie, lie ala Raffy Palmeiro or shrug it off like Manny did his experience this season). Let's end the speculation and the "hushed" talk every time Albert or someone else jacks one out of the ballpark. If your name is on the list, you deserve whatever scorn you get. If it's not, then let all the clean guys play without worrying what everyone is thinking. Anyway, that's what I think, but I've been wrong before.