Skip to main content

More '75 minis! ... But it's a want list! So it's important! Please read! .... M-M-M-Minis!!!!!!!!!


Ooooooooooh! Now that is a great looking 1975 Lineage mini. Who doesn't love it when the borders match the player's uniform?

I received another small stack of Lineage minis, this time from Cardboard Catastrophes. So I think the time is right to finally put up a want list.

I said that I planned to put the Lineage want list in a prominent place, so it doesn't get lost in my mammoth-and-ever-growing-epic-want-list. So the best way to give it prominence is to create a want list post. Then I'll link it over on the sidebar in the next day or so for easy reference.

Trades are most welcome, but I'm still digging out from under a series of earlier deals and still mailing out contest winnings. So I'm rather pokey. If you're one of those high-energy traders, then perhaps you'll want to skip this round.

Also, you'll note that some card numbers below are listed twice. That means I need an extra Dodger for the Dodger obsession collection.

OK, this is what I still need:

NEVER MIND, THE SET IS COMPLETE! (Completion date: 11/24/12)

But I have a package to send off to Nachos Grande this weekend. Hopefully, with the abundant boxes of Lineage he's opened, he'll have a couple minis to spare. (Also, if I've bolded the number, that means someone has been real prompt-like and offered me the card after I posted this).

I have only three dupes, so far, basically because I've cut myself off from buying much retail product. But I'm sure I'll accumulate some more if you're looking to trade Lineage mini for Lineage mini.

All right, for your reward for reading through all those numbers, here are a bunch more minis that I got from Cardboard Catastrophes:


Wow, that's a lot of fun!

I have 41 or 42 of these suckers so far. It's totally unlike me to collect an insert set that has so many cards, but these minis make me completely disregard rules and regulations. I'll probably end up about 90 cards short and never complete it, but please don't tell Night Owl that now. He's too committed and not thinking clearly.

I also received some other cards from carlsonjok. Would you like to see them?

No?

That's a terrible answer.

The correct answer is "I've been waiting all my life for this."

Happy to oblige:


Don't get excited. It's not the real one. If it was, I'd devote a 7-part blog series to it.

It's only that rookie reprint insert thing that Topps Stars issued a few years back. It may be the closest I get to the real thing for a number of years.


Here is the regular chrome version of Kershaw. A lot more subdued than the atomic refractor. Maybe I can add a few more parallels of this card before Kershaw wins his Cy Young Award.


Practically the Dodgers' hottest hitter of the last month. I don't know if it's enough for him to be back next year.


I'm less sure about Kemp winning the MVP, even though his season has been staggering and I'd rather have him on my team than anyone else. But you know voters.


Wait ... what's this? It's as if someone sent a chrome card of The Bearded Tool Brian Wilson and then these giant scissors came along and cut it in two!

That's ... that's ... madness.

But somehow appropriate.

Well, I guess I owe someone some cards for all of that.

Comments

Spiff said…
Got this one off your list:
2011 Topps Lineage 1975 minis #64 - Joe Morgan
Shoot me an email and I'll get it on its way to you.
carlsonjok said…
Actually, the laughs I got by stuffing that Brian Wilson in the stack was more than sufficient compensation. I'm still giggling.
Funner Here said…
Remove #106. I'll put it in the mail for you!
Ryan G said…
You can put me down for 63, 99, 127, 143. I'll add them to your stack!

Word verification: ferste. Even though I wasn't the ferste to poste.
Stealing Home said…
LOL on snipping that giants card. maybe its a clever photoshop, but i totally dig the concept.
night owl said…
No photoshop wasted on a Giant. That's the real thing.
jacobmrley said…
http://sports.ha.com/c/item.zx?saleNo=151204&lotNo=40044&type=sportsnews-tem011712

one can only dream.
Spiegel83 said…
I have #69 set aside for you.
Darth Stat said…
I just found this site a few days ago via Punk Rock Paint. I have quite a few of the 75 minis that you are looking for. Please let me know how to proceed from here, as I am new to this sort of trading.

#4,9,29,40,41,42,55,61,81,100,113,114,144,187,196
night owl said…
Shoot me an email (it's in my profile) and we'll try to work out a trade!