Friday, September 9, 2011

Kershaw times three


Three card packages came in the mail yesterday, and I received this card in all three of them.

Each person behind the package had good intentions, because prior to the package's arrival I did need this Topps Lineage card.

Well ...

At least two of the people had good intentions ...

With one of the packages, I also received some other cards, including this card:


Thanks, Lost Collector. It's a '75 mini break! Boy, do I need a mini break.

With another one of the packages, I also received some cards, including this card:


Thanks, Adam. It seems odd that a Giants fan would send a card of John Roseboro, considering what a Giant did to Roseboro, but I gratefully accept the card.

And with the third package, I also received some other cards, including this ... uh ...


Funny. I thought we were in 2011. I think someone needs to try again.

Thanks for the Kershaws.

I'll be featuring the other cards from the packages at some other point.

Well, two of the packages anyway.

4 comments:

  1. What good is a trade package with only two cards?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I probably have some cards you actually want from Lineage yet too...I've still got two more boxes to sort through but as soon as I do I'll let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Side note :If you check his early cards, John Roseboro is from Ashland, Ohio. About 20 minutes south of my hometown !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got that Roseboro card as part of last years Diamond Giveaway (or whatever they called it last year). I misplaced my stack of cards and finally found them, it actually came from Topps in pretty good shape.

    Can't say what happened with Roseboro was a proud Giant moment, I have have seen some interviews of him and he seems like a pretty good guy (for a Dodger).

    Glad to knock one off your need list. I have started a new stack of cards for you. Hope you enjoy the rest.

    ReplyDelete