Skip to main content

Stupid for baseball

I don't expect anyone to read this, not with the nonstop televised baseball going on today. If I wasn't at work right now, I'd be right there in my living room watching the Dodgers stomp the Padres (that IS what's happening now, isn't it?).

This is how much I'm thinking about baseball right now: Over the weekend while at work, I clicked on the ESPN site to find out which of the "ESPN family of networks" (die, ESPN, die) was broadcasting the Braves-Phillies game on Sunday night. Off to the right side of the site they have a list of the big news items of the day. The top one said: "Giants release Burress over legal trouble."

My first, and only, thought on that was: "Gee, that's weird. The Giants just named him their starting second baseman the other day."

Yeah, I know. I'm an idiot. Anyone who follows sports knows that ESPN was referring to NEW YORK Giants receiver PLAXICO Burress. Not SAN FRANCISCO Giants second baseman EMMANUEL Burriss. Note that they don't even spell their last names the same. But I'm telling you, I'm stupid for baseball.

I'm proud of my idiot mistake. I'd rather be up to date on who is starting at second base than the latest football player to run afoul of the law.

Enjoy the ballgames everyone -- those of you who weren't rained/snowed out. I'm off tomorrow, and I'll be right there with you.

Comments

BASEBALL DAD said…
I'm reading because my Tribe got their butt kicked this afternoon and what did I just do ? Bought a Cliff Lee card on ebay! Heritage All-Star sp.And you think you're stupid ! I'm a lifer Tribe fanatic.Hey,email me your address if you want some more Dodgers cards !