Skip to main content

Bleah

I'm not going to comment on every Dodger game of the season, but since tonight's game was the first one that I have seen this year, I feel the need to gather my thoughts here.

It was a rather disappointing affair, but instead of going on a diatribe about the game, I'll just mention my overriding thought about the main characters for the Dodgers in the 4-2 Padres win.

Keep in mind, Dodger fans, these are first impressions and could change on a daily basis.

RANDY WOLF: During the offseason, when several teams attempted to acquire Randy Wolf, I envisioned one thing for the lucky winner: a lot outings in which Wolf surrenders 4 runs in 5 1/3 innings. Call me for your psychic reading today.

GUILLERMO MOTA: Ch-Check It Out! The Beastie Boys say, it's not 2004 anymore. Mota sucks now!

WILL OHMAN: Easily the best Dodger pitcher of the night. Impressive.

RONALD BELISARIO: Yikes. Ladies, he's not a looker.

RAFAEL FURCAL: According to Vin Scully, Padres starter Chris Young eats Furcal for lunch. And Furcal did his best impersonation of a ham sandwich.

ORLANDO HUDSON: All I can think about when I see him is his left wrist. And then he does things like steal second sliding head first and make a running, diving catch in foul territory. He wears the No. 13, too. Gee willikers.

MATT KEMP: Looked great the first half of the game. Non-existent the second half.

BLAKE DEWITT: If he's just going to pinch-hit, like tonight (and he popped up), then I wish they'd send him down to Triple A so he could get some at-bats. I almost feel sorry for him.

CASEY BLAKE: Indians fans are right. The guy does not disappoint. I can't think of one point in the game in which I was dissatisfied with his performance. That's not easy to do.

RUSSELL MARTIN: He was very good. Great plays in the field, one of the few decent hits for the Dodgers all game, and even the "J." on the back of his uniform didn't bug me. And when Vin said that Martin was "always a threat to run," I beamed with pride.

ANDRE ETHIER: He looked lost tonight. I'm not totally convinced he's the right guy to bat clean-up. I hope this isn't an indication.

JAMES LONEY: Made Scott Hairston look like a fool, catching him off of third base.

MANNY RAMIREZ: When he swings, his hair flies around his head and whacks him in the face on the follow through. That's got to be distracting.

JOE TORRE: Didn't even know he was there. I guess that's good.

VIN SCULLY: Very informative, as usual. But I'm not a SoCal guy. I can't get used to there not being an analyst in the booth.

No thoughts on the Padres, other than that I completely missed the fact that David Eckstein and Duaner Sanchez are on the team. When did that happen? Oh, and Heath Bell needs to be informed that this was Game 2 of 162.

I promise I won't do this for every game. Back to the cards next post.

Comments

madding said…
Ethier batting clean-up? And here I thought La Russa was crazy...
zman40 said…
Blake's a gamer. It's a WSU thang.