Skip to main content

How 3 cards became 20 with no extra cost

 
Near the end of October I bought three cards in one of those Twitter/X stack sales that I like to frequent.

It was just three because I was trying to scale back a little bit on card costs. I can show the cards I got but there's only two because honestly I don't remember what the third one was. I just know it was a Dodger.


The two of them are so fancy I don't even need to show three. People go ape over the Trophy Hunters cards (or the original '90s versions anyway). It's a little too over-the-top for me, but I need my snazzy cards of Mookie. Also I need every parallel of Kershaw.

I got these cards from KellysKards. I've bought from him before. Kelly's a pleasant, happy guy and he sells some cards to fund his collecting but he also raises money for worthy causes sometimes, too.

So I waited for my cards to arrive and then waited and waited some more. I started to wonder whether I sent the money to him -- I'm that scatter-brained. But I wasn't too concerned as it was only three cards and I spent three bucks.

Finally, after a month, I messaged Kelly because I was concerned that the package got lost in the mail. He got right back to me and was mortified. He realized that he had never sent the envelope, it got misplaced. I could tell he felt bad (He said, "I felt bad"), but I shrugged it off. He's not a big-time dealer. It happens.

I got the envelope shortly after that conversation and the cards I ordered were there plus ...


All that. My goodness. All but the top four cards were needs. That is certainly worth the wait.

So that's all there is to that story. Sometimes dealers get a bad wrap and I certainly notice when dealers are crooked, there are so many of them. I'm also aware of what goes on with ebay and am always wary when I'm on there.
 
Yet there are generous card sellers out there, too. Plenty of them as well. I appreciate them. Just wanted to say that.

Comments

Old Cards said…
Like the good news stories!
Fuji said…
Never bought anything off of Twitter, but it's good to know that there are people out there with good customer service.

By the way... I'm scatter brained too... and agree that after getting all of these extras... this purchase package was well worth the wait.
Jon said…
I've had a few people on eBay forget to send things over the years. They always seem to be surprised by my patience. Two or three of them have even said that they'd mail whatever it was and then refund the purchase to make up for their mistake. I never took them up on that though, as getting whatever I paid for was more than enough; even if it was a few weeks to a month behind schedule.