Skip to main content

The cure for socks

I'm still trying to get over the fact that I got socks for Christmas. SOCKS. Not Red Sox. Not White Sox. Socks. Fabric. And not even of the game-used variety (or at least I hope they aren't). I got socks from two different relatives. I got socks even though I already have way more than I need. I got socks even though the letters "s" "o" "c" and "k" did not appear anywhere together on the entire, very detailed, very specific, very helpful, very "ask me if you have any questions" Christmas list! Fortunately, another blogger -- this time Zach from Autographed Cards -- was there in my time of need. He sent me some Dodgers and they arrived at my door the day after Christmas. Still in a state of "sock shock," I eagerly opened the envelope. Here is what fell out: Two of my 1992 Donruss Dodger needs, Tim Belcher and Bobby Ojeda. I forget that Belcher pitched all the way to the 2000 season. Ojeda, meanwhile, I can't think of without recalling that terrible boating accident in 1993.
Two of my 1986 Fleer Dodger needs, Greg Brock and Terry Whitfield. Brock never lived up to the numbers he put up at Albuquerque. Whitfield I associate with being a Giant, so it's still weird seeing him in a Dodger uniform.
Two of my 1984 Fleer Dodger needs, Rick Monday and Dusty Baker. Monday is now a broadcaster for the Dodgers and Baker is plugging away as manager for the Reds. I like the 1984 Fleer cards quite a bit. I think '84 was a good year for the card companies.
These cards came in response to me sending Zach a smattering of cards from his want list. Zach has very specific player wants, so I was happy I could find something he needed. Here's hoping I can find some more because, after all, he was kind of enough to cure me of my "sock shock."

Comments

Sooz said…
I got SHEETS!

I am not going to get over this until next Christmas.

I may be the easiest person in the world to shop for and the fact that my best friend's brother has a better clue what to get than me own family is a problem.

Pshhhhh to the sheets.
zman40 said…
I'm glad you liked them.