Skip to main content

Spooky cards


Baseball cards aren't spooky, particularly now that Colby Rasmus isn't in the league.

But I am the night owl and I feel an obligation on this holiday. To find something with a Halloween theme in my collection, I went straight to Allen and Ginter to see if I could unearth something scary.

Boo:



Skulls!



Bony hands! (This is a jewel of my frankenset mini binder).




Edgar Allan Poe! And The Poe Toaster!


Spooky!


Wooooooo! Haunted graveyards!



Mummies!



Nine-headed serpents that can kill you with their bad breath!



What's a 16-year-old cheerleader doing here? When the 2012 Allen and Ginter code was cracked, she was revealed to be the killer!


However, on this day, for this particular fan, there is no card item that is more spooky, more dastardly, more haunting than a card like this:


Just remember, if you root for the Astros tonight, you are rooting for the end of baseball for a long, long, long time.

And that really is spooky.

Comments

Jason T. Carter said…
I didn't know Poe had a card in A&G. I lamented not long ago that he was missing from the set, and COMC did not have this card listed at that time. One of my favorite masters of the macabre.

JT, The Writer's Journey
Good luck tonight, may the force be with you.
Tony Burbs said…
Woah, I didn't know that Bachelors Grove had a baseball card! That's a local haunt for me, I've spent a couple of nights chasing ghosts there. Admittedly, though I have seen some strange things, its not been extremely eventful.

Sadly, due to reckless teens and lack of care, the burial ground has been nearly trashed to the point of no return. Still, I'm super enthused to see my hometowns only claim to fame in an A&G set! Thank you for sharing.
Tony Burbs said…
In fact, here's a post about a cardboard related adventure that I had there - https://wrigleyrosterjenga.blogspot.com/2016/05/sacrificing-card-to-spirits.html?m=1
acrackedbat said…
The end of baseball? what have I done??
Ana Lu said…
And that's why Allen and Ginter is such a great set to collect!
End of baseball..bloody hell! lol I like them..I'm off lol