Skip to main content

Shocked. Shocked and chagrined

I ... I ... I just don't know what to say. I mean, there are so many cards from the '90s that eluded my radar (actually, my radar was in the shop for many of those years), that I am continually surprised by what went on during that decade. But it seems somehow, somewhere, I would have gotten wind of THIS card.

That is just ghastly. The ski lodge background. The Bill Cosby sweater. The Mr. Rogers smile. Where were everyone's scruples on this photo shoot? Why didn't Orel say, before they snapped the photo, "you know, wait a minute. I think this might alienate my fan base."

I don't think I like Stadium Club anymore. And I don't even want to say this, but, Orel, you should know better.

Oh, this is going to take a lot of time to get over. A lot of time.

Comments

Steve Gierman said…
You should see his Milkbone card.
dayf said…
'ghastly' is an appropriate description of this card.
Motherscratcher said…
I think it's wonderful. Very sharp.

You know what it looks like? It looks like Orel was one of the extras in the Dumb And Dumber Ski Lodge fantasy scene where Jim Carrey lights his fart. I would be smiling too if I was there.
Spiff said…
Actually I have always liked this card. Thought it offered a nice alternative to the pitching shots on most of his cards.
Dinged Corners said…
This card has a Tales from the Crypt quality. We admire Spiff for finding something positive to say.
jacobmrley said…
remember, he takes 3-4 showers a day....

why am i the only one who remembers that commercial.