Skip to main content

And then there were three ...

If I could've found my wife's camera, there would be a photo here of my copy of "And Then There Were Three ...," the 1978 Genesis rock record (kids: records were round, flat discs made out of vinyl in which songs were record ... ah, never mind).

But featuring the inspiration for the title of this post -- Damaso Garcia -- is just as well. The card came in the mail Monday with just one other card. I love getting only 1 or 2 cards in the mail. It's simple, uncomplicated, and no messy clean-up. And it usually comes in an envelope shape that's reserved for bills and other nasty, bummer mailings.

But I believe Ross of Boxbusters used a bubble mailer to send along Garcia, and a night card. Garcia is one of the cards that I need to complete the 1986 Topps set. Very key.

The three that remain are: #102, Joe Orsulak; #500, Rickey Henderson; and #562, Joe Beckwith.

If you have any of these and want to trade, send me an email (I may not reply until Monday or Tuesday. Transactions move a little slower at this time of year).

Meanwhile, if you haven't registered your opinion on the best and worst set of 2008, there are only a few short days to do so. The final results will lead into a post-Christmas countdown, and one lucky collector will receive some cards!

Stay tuned for Dec. 26 when the countdown will begin.

Thanks, Ross, for the cards!

Comments

I just bought a box of 86 topps on ebay to build the set, so as soon as I get it I will let you know if I get those cards.
night owl said…
Great, Rod. I have some '86 extras that I could send your way (I already have a small stack of cards for you that I hope to mail out in a couple of days)
Ross said…
Glad you got 'em.
Scott C. said…
I have #500 and # 562 for you. Look for them in your mail soon. Merry Christmas!
night owl said…
Wow, Scott. Thanks!