Skip to main content

Dog day afternoon

Everyone notices that Pete Rose is in the background of this photo of Phillies starter Chris Short. But ever since I became a dog owner, I've begun to notice other things, this card included.

For example, how could anyone miss the dog from the Alpo billboard insinuating himself between the legs of Short? Isn't that just like a dog? Were there some dog owners at Topps that saw the humor in this photo? I'd like to think so.

And while I'm on the topic of dogs and baseball, I have come up with one reason why I'm pleased that TBS has the exclusive rights to broadcast the division series playoff games. My dog likes to carry things away and hide them, and he did that with the remote on Wednesday (we have no idea where it is). Fortunately, I do not have to get up and change the channel because all of the games are in one convenient spot! Bless you, TBS!

Comments

--David said…
I'd look under the bed... LOL!