Skip to main content

It's getting frosty in hell


I've been a slack-ass slacker when it's come to various community-minded blogging events lately.

I didn't participate in the most recent blog bat-around, even though I love the concept. I just couldn't get into the topic. More of a realist, I guess.

I didn't join Cardboard Junkie's Heritage blaster fantasy league because I couldn't find an alternative blaster to the 2010 borefest. I meant to track one down at the card show and sign-up at the last minute, but I forgot.

Speaking of forgetting, I've joined A Pack To Be Named Later and I've yet to post anything. Again, I intended to grab some key packs at the card show, and it slipped my mind.

I promise I'm really not this anti-social all the time.

To prove it to you, prepare to be shocked:  Yes, Jeff Twitty, I've joined Twitter.

Wow. I know. Staggering.

I believe I've knocked the Twitter on more than a couple of occasions. It's not my preferred method of writing or communication. Still, I thought I'd give it a try.

Here is the link. I think. I barely know what I'm doing with it. And I don't have a lot of time to spend on it. Who knows what will happen. I could tweet five times a day or five times a year. I could find some cool baseball stuff on there and never leave the house. The truth is, I finally decided to jump on Twitter when I found out that Topps was there and good folks were winning cool cards.

That's the underlying reason. Kind of ugly, isn't it?

So, yeah, maybe I really am that anti-social.

No, really, I love you guys.

I like cards, too.

Comments

Sooz said…
As your official welcome, I've added you to the Twitter list on our site.

I understand your apprehension when it comes to the site, but I will say this, it has become a very useful tool in my work life.
Offy said…
At the very least, it is worth it to do your daily retweet for the Topps contest.
Community Gum said…
I feel your trepidation. I only started using twitter to promote my comedy website (www.itsnotabook.com - shameless plug). The concept from the outside looking in is very blah. But once you get to using it a little, you can see the benefits and the fun of it all. Or at least, I could.
--Jon