I am about to reveal packs 8 through 11 from my 2010 box o' Allen & Ginter. You will be happy to know that there is finally a hit involved.
But I warn you: no scrolling ahead. First, that's cheating, you impatient, impatient squirrely people. Secondly, you will be sorely disappointed. You will want to blame me after seeing it. But you can't. Because I told you: NO SCROLLING AHEAD.
All right. Before I hit Pack No. 8, I need to correct a scoring error. Way back in Pack 1, I pulled an Adam Dunn This Date in History card. Apparently it was worth 3 points for being a TDIH card and for being on the favorite player list. But I credited myself with just one point. I sabotaged myself. Sorry, it's a lifelong habit.
So, instead of 46 points, I have 48 points, so far. That should make beardy quake while he opens his 54-hit box of freak.
1. #165 - Nick Jacoby (1 point). Half of the card-blogging tandem that cracked the code. I hope people don't suddenly think all card bloggers are good at that stuff. I can't even figure out that sudoku thing.
2. #254 - Rich Harden (0 points)3. #268 - Brad Kilby (0 points). One of these days I'm going to get to an A's card of someone that I know.
4. #36 - Victor Martinez (0 points)
5. #276 - Daniel Runzler (0 points)
6. #338 - Francisco Liriano (2 points, SP)
7. #297 - Isaac Newton (2 points, A&G ad back). Rock Me Amadeus.
8. #TDH9 - Pablo Sandoval, This Date in History (1 point). Who weighs more -- the Babe or Sandoval? Yes, I know the Babe is not around anymore. I mean during their playing careers.
Pack 8 total: 6 pointsTotal so far: 54 points
Believe it or not, that's a good pack for me.
OK, we're officially into Column 2. This is usually where most of the hits lie.
1. #83 - David Wright (2 points, favorite player list)
2. #160 - Derek Lee (0 points)
3. #247 - Rajai Davis (0 points). An Oaklander I've heard of!
4. #145 - Jim Thome (0 points)
5. #123 - Mariano Rivera (-1 point even if he is the least annoying Yankee ever)
6. #313 - Ryan Doumit (2 points, SP)
7. #NA29 - Flamingo (2 points, National Animals insert set). You know you're living in the right place when your national animal is a flamingo.
8. #TDH33 - Kosuke Fukudome, This Date in History (1 point)
Pack 9 total: 6 points
Total so far: 60 points
Nothing to say.
1. #11 - Wade Davis (0 points)
2. #297 - Isaac Newton (0 points)
3. #154 - Juan Francisco (0 points)
4. #245 - Michael Dunn (0 points)
5. #169 - Felix Hernandez (0 points)
6. #141 - Matt Cain (0 points)
7. #SSS3 - Sir Walter Raleigh mini (4 points, Sailors of the Seven Seas insert). It's not often that you see the word "beheaded" on the back of a trading card.
8. #TDH18 - Felix Hernandez, This Date in History (1 point). It's the all-Felix pack. Sadly, he's worth just one point. That's not right.
Pack 10 total: 5 points
Total so far: 65 points
I've never noticed before how many meh ballplayers there are in A&G.
1. #135 - Ken Blackburn (0 points). I am showing this card for one reason only. This card is proof that one day everyone in the world will have their own trading card manufactured for the masses. Blackburn holds the record for keeping a paper airplane aloft the longest. One small step for man ...
2. #213 - Mark Reynolds (0 points)
3. #263 - Ruben Tejada (0 points)
4. #39 - Josh Johnson (0 points)