Skip to main content

I like my blog ... please let it live


Today, much of the online world is on strike.

If SOPA or PIPA become laws, the cards you see here may look like this.

OK, that's silly. If SOPA and PIPA are ways of life, people probably won't even be able to get to my blog to see whatever "illegally-obtained," "creatively-owned" images I am featuring. And that means my blog will simply cease to exist because I'll pull the plug.

Perhaps that's a drastic way of looking at things, but I don't like Hollywood-created bits of legislation that may kill what's become my main diversion in life.

SOPA and PIPA will eventually ruin blogging as I know it. And it will ruin it for you, too.

If you don't know what all of this is, I encourage you to read up on it.

Here's a good place.

Here's another.

And here.

And here.

And here.

And here.

I'm sure there are many others.

I hate getting political on this blog, and I have avoided it at almost all costs the last three-plus years. But when something directly affects Night Owl Cards, then I have no choice. It's also very disappointing to me that every major sporting organization, including Major League Baseball, supports these poorly constructed, poorly defined acts.

MLB can be assured that if I am forced to shut down my blog, it will not see a single cent from me in any form ever.

I collected Matchbox cars, coins and stamps as a kid. I can go back to doing that.

I have a difficult enough time with the government worming its way into a variety of aspects of my life. I certainly don't want the entertainment industry and its collective of glittery fuck-ups trampling through my little corner.

Join the fight against SOPA and PIPA.

Stop the internet thought police.

Comments

I'd comment, but I'm already on strike.
BullSchmidt said…
A. Death to SoapyPipa.
B. This phrase is beautiful: "collective of glittery fuck-ups
deal said…
Is that the first F-Bomb in a night owl post??
Of course MLB is on board with that. Bud Selig is as spineless as they come!
night owl said…
deal ~

No, it's not. But I try not to be that colorful too often.
flywheels said…
I'm still trying to wrap my brain around this whole censorship thing. I agree with you - if my blog ceases to exist then so does my card collecting. It's not like I don't have other hobbies (see my previous post).
dayf said…
(claps lustily, brushes away single tear)