Skip to main content

Awesome night card, pt. 135


Today is the first day that I have felt like my normal self since getting sprayed with demon disease spores, or whatever the heck happened to me, a week ago Tuesday.

I'm still coughing like a coal miner in an iron lung, but I think I'm even improving there. At least I'm not freaking out the dog anymore.

So it's time to get back into the rituals of the blog that I've ignored for a few weeks, starting with the Awesome Night Card.

Today's night card comes from my Christmas cash goodies that arrived a couple days ago. You'll see the rest of them next week, but I want to show the mmmiiinnnnnnnnnnniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiissssssss now.

I ordered up 16 of the Lineage '75 minis. But three of them turned out to be dupes, including Mr. Beachy here. That's a result of both having a fever when I did the ordering, and being overconfident with my knowledge of which minis I have and which I don't.

But I have now crossed the 50-percent mark with the set at 110 cards total. Finishing off this set is a primary goal for this year and will be pursued while everyone is discussing 2012 Topps, so I don't expect any obstacles. Of course, I have to take care of that tiny matter of me ordering dupes.

Anyway, here is the loot:


The Latos is a dupe for anyone that cares. The Campanella has been the most vexing card in the set for me, aside from the Clayton Kershaw card.


There's Clayton now! About time you joined all your buds, Clay! Make yourself at home.

The Sisler mini is one I have already, too. So I've built a very, very modest smattering of dupes if anyone else is wacky enough to collect this set.

I still have a little bit of Christmas cash left over, and I plan to do some more card hunting next week some time. Some minis may be in the mix yet again. I'll try to be a little less sloppy this time.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Night Card Binder candidate: Brandon Beachy, 2011 Topps Lineage '75 mini, #164
Does it make the binder?: Nah. I'll probably just throw it in Captain Canuck's pile. It could use some padding.

Comments

Captain Canuck said…
SWEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I mean, uh... thank you.