Skip to main content

Clear out, show cards are coming through!

 
I went to a card show yesterday. You'll get the whole rundown tomorrow, but right now I'm in "now where do I put all this?" mode.

This happens every show and Saturday's haul was a little bulkier than usual. So I need to clear out some space for all the new acquisitions by finally showing off a few cards that have been cooling their jets for too long on valuable real estate.

All of these are PWE sends and all were Dodgers needs. Let's get to it.



These are two Stadium Club inserts from last year. Will Smith seems to looking up at Mookie wondering "what's he so happy about?"

I think I received these from reader Dave, or maybe Dana? Sorry, it's been awhile. I know they came with a nice card and there were a few other cards that I had previously and have already filed. But these are most welcome, even though Stadium Club inserts are totally unnecessary.



More MOOKIE! I'm doing pretty well on the 1988 inserts for the team quest. This card showed up from Mike of the recent blog arrival Dillard's Dugout. Go read it! Super happy about this card, almost as happy as Mookie (no, it's not the same photo as the SC insert above).
 



Mike added a couple more shiny cards of a couple of ex-Dodgers (one suspended) and a couple never-were Dodgers. White is now with the Blue Jays -- where it seems most former Dodgers pitcher go (if it's not the Giants) -- but I think he's injured. That's an educated guess, anyway, from a National League fan. Yes, I'm holding on to being a National League fan for as long as I can.



Even more MOOKIE! Mookie Betts has just cracked the top 30 in terms of the most cards in my collection. He's bearing down on Ron Cey and will surpass him very soon. None of this is a surprise as there are Betts cards everywhere. Which is fine.

This pink holo parallel from last year's Donruss is from Matt at Cards Over Coffee, Sport Card Collectors and Big Blue Cardboard. I used to run three card blogs. I ain't never doing that again. I don't know where he finds the time.
 


More Panini action, this is from Diamond Kings. Trea Turner is throwing through a color explosion.



A couple of red foil parallels. Turner is new to me, I don't think Jansen is. I'm sort of looking forward to when I'm not showing Panini cards on this blog. But it's not going to happen anytime soon, definitely not with tomorrow's card show post.
 


Hey, someone's not afraid to send me a Kershaw card! You can send me Kershaw cards. Really. It will make you feel better. It's good for you. It will improve your outlook and sense of self. Do it.



The only Topps card from Matt. I WISH the foil cards actually looked like this.


So, that's a relief, these fine cards are out of the way and the show cards have taken their place. That includes a healthy stack of cards, maybe a little more than I bring home on average. .... Oh, and there's a binder there, too. Yes, a binder.

Details to come.

Comments

1984 Tigers said…
Night owl,

Nice pickups! Just curious, were there many "vintage" cards (1980s and back) or mostly newer stuff. Haven't been to a show in a long time but more of a vintage guy.

Paul t
night owl said…
There was both. Most decent-sized shows I go to have a mix of vintage and new stuff.
Fuji said…
Looking forward to seeing the binder... and what's inside the binder.
Matt said…
I technically don’t run all three full time hence the gap in time on all of them. Very little blogging going on right now. My main focus is cards over coffee still. Just wished it would grow faster. Seems like blogging has dropped some but I haven’t retired yet!

I still have plenty of dodgers to send still!