Skip to main content

It's about damn time

Dodgers who have thrown no-hitters in my lifetime:



Sandy Koufax, 1965. I was 2 months old.



Bill Singer, 1970. I was preparing to enter kindergarten.



Jerry Reuss, 1980. I was 14. Delivering newspapers.



Fernando Valenzuela, 1990. I was 24. Heard it on the radio on rare Friday off from work.



Kevin Gross, 1992. Age 27. I was toiling away at work. I have very little memory of it.



Ramon Martinez, 1995. Thrown two days before my 30th birthday. I consider it a birthday present.



Hideo Nomo, 1996. Thrown at Coors Field, still one of the most impressive no-hitters in Dodger history in my mind. I was 31.


And then ...

...

...

...

...

...

Nothing ...

...

...

...

...

...

Until ...

...

...

...

...

...

Really????

...

...

...

...

...


Josh Beckett, 2014.


Hell, it's like I'm a kid again.

Comments

Unknown said…
At least you didn't have to wait 50 years for the first in franchise history. I had to wait 33 years of my life before the Mets got one.
Stubby said…
I must be older than you, Keith, cuz I was waitin' a whole lot longer for that one.
deal said…
mixed feelings on this end.
I am dumbfounded to learn today that Kevin Gross ever tossed a no-hitter! He was average at best while with the Phillies.
Unknown said…
Thank you for sharing valuable information. Nice post. I enjoyed reading this post. The whole blog is very nice found some good stuff and good information here Thanks..Also visit my page. tradeshow design Exponents is one of North Americamost highly respected custom-modular designers and manufacturers of Exhibits,Retail, Display and Point of Sale solutions.
Yeah, also, buy these solutions.

Great post. Good for him, too.
Jyoti sounds as big a fan of a Josh Beckett as I am...
Anonymous said…
Mets have one. Quit your complaining!
Jim said…
I'll have what Jyoti's having.
Fuji said…
Great post. I should write one of these for my Padres. Wait. Never mind. Hope you and your family are enjoying a safe Memorial Day weekend.
Stewart65 said…
Thankfully MLB network showed the end of the game..... I'm part of the 70% of people in the L.A. area that don't get to watch the Dodgers on TV live.... Thanks Time Warner....
jacobmrley said…
Nice symmetry of the 1965 Koufax and the 2014 Heritage Beckett. I am certain Josh went home and celebrated with fried chicken and beer.
night owl said…
I sense much bitterness from many of the comments -- except from my good buddy, Jyoti.
petethan said…
Not the most articulate post game interview I've ever heard, but the man's doing what he's being paid to do... and then some for a day.