Skip to main content

Ground rules


So, I keep reading about high schools building state-of-the-art athletic facilities with upgraded locker room facilities, weight rooms, and playing fields that consist of the latest synthetic materials.
And everywhere I go, little Jordan and Kaitlyn are running on fields that look like they were meant to be inside 80,000-seat stadiums.
Meanwhile, Steve Renko pitched in the major leagues for almost two decades. Look at the field he's practicing on in this card. What a piece of crap.
Um ...
Why are my school taxes so high again?

Comments

shoeboxlegends said…
Wow, that is easily one of the worst fields I've ever seen depicted on a Major League Baseball card, maybe the single worst! Cool card.
Two Packs A Day said…
that groundskeeper was just 30 years ahead of the times. it's called xeriscaping! ;)
Anonymous said…
I've never seen a professional field that looked like that... you'd have to go to the local parks to find anything that looked close.
Roy said…
I played on a field where there was no outfield fence, just woodland. A shallow 280' to right field and at least 600' to left.
Orioles Magic said…
I think that my dogs are the groundskeepers for that field. It looks a lot like how they keep my backyard.