Skip to main content

Awesome night card, pt. 53


 On these days, when work is an insistent, all-consuming, selfish bitch/bastard, and my thoughts are almost exclusively with the Dodgers' creaky crawl toward an NL West title, I take comfort.

On these days when every word I write feels like it's taking me farther and farther away from something I have to do, and pretend contenders are cheating to win, I take comfort.

I take comfort in a night card, showing a Giant looking up and pointing to the teams above him in the standings. The Giants, after all, were eliminated tonight.

Yup, feeling a little better now.

Comments

Matt Runyon said…
I'm still happy with the Giants' season. They're pretty close to being a legitimate contender.

I couldn't resist -- I had to put the boxscore of last night's Dodger game (a one-hitter by three Padre pitchers) on the LCD projector for a couple of Dodger fans in my 3rd hour class.