Skip to main content

Even


Today the Dodgers beat the Cardinals to catch the Giants.

That might be my favorite sentence ever.

In the latest example of you can't predict ball, the Dodgers won 3 of 4 from the Cardinals and are now tied with the Giants for first place in the NL West after San Francisco once held a 9-plus game lead.

Oh, and Andre Ethier, who I think is hitting in Rob Deer territory -- minus the home runs -- delivered a three-run blast in today's game.

I'm so elated all I can do is show these cards.

They are from Chris at View From The Skybox, who I wish the best of luck in his job search.

The Triple Threads Captain Clutch card is actually from last year, not 2009 when Ethier really was a clutch hitter. The card back reports that he's had 12 walk-off hits in his career. I'd be stunned if any of them happened since people admitted to watching "Glee".


Clayton Kershaw exhibited his usual domination that will prevent me from ever acquiring another autographed card of his. In the last month, Kershaw has struck out 61 and walked four. There's a no-hitter in there somewhere, too.

Chris realized that Prizm isn't my favorite set, but this one looks pretty good, and as Chris said:

"A Kershaw is a Kershaw."

And my reply is:

"Gimme."


Hanley didn't have anything to do with today's victory -- hurt again. But this parallel of my favorite card from 2013 Topps has me considering the rainbow chase, which I always say I'm going to do, but never do.

Only all the difficult parallels to go!

Yay!

With half the season left, there's plenty of time for a disaster -- or a 25-game lead! -- but I'm just going to walk around tonight with an immense smile on my face and laugh at anything in orange. Oh, and the bubble machine that the Dodgers switch on after celebratory moments is a huge hoot. I love it and I hope they use it forever.

Comments

Fuji said…
Epic collapse by the Giants. At least it's in the middle of the season and there's still a lot of baseball to be played. Now if only the Padres could dig themselves out of their eleven game hole.
Glad you enjoyed them! I'm especially honored to be mentioned in the lead post two days straight. Few bloggers get such an honor.