Skip to main content

Awesome night card, pt. 217


If you haven't noticed, Topps seems to have this weird obsession the last few years with featuring baseball players making strange faces on their cards.

I'm not sure why this is. I would imagine somebody somewhere is amused by this. And while I don't mind an occasional goofy face on cardboard, I think it's been much too frequent lately. A periodic goofy face is memorable. A rampant run of goofy faces is annoying. Topps never has figured out the definition of overkill.

But I thought I would make it work for me.

I'm going to find a decent assortment of goofy faces. No need to send me any cards of them as I have plenty of my own, and my project can handle only a limited number of odd facial gestures.

I'm going to make a little montage with them.

This is the start:


It's a floating head montage of goofiness!

I will be taking suggestions.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Night Card Binder candidate: Nyjer Morgan, 2012 Topps Heritage, #137
Does it make the binder?: Happy to have Tony Plush in the binder.

Comments

Tony L. said…
Madison Bumgarner's 2014 Topps base card is a weird looking face. But since he is a giant, you may demur on that one.
Anonymous said…
When I see this Nyjer Morgan card, in my head I hear Popeye saying "That's all I can stands, I can't stands no more!"
Stewart65 said…
Gordon "Sleepy" Beckham, Dan "What's up Doc?" Haren, Justin "Magically Delicious" Turner and Yunel "Don't make me come up there!" Escobar are some of my favorite "Faces of the Game". Hey, a new collection idea! And the Bumgarner makes him look like Kenny Powers. Just sayin'.
GCA said…
Torii Hunter in 2008 Heritage, no question.
jacobmrley said…
I hope and pray Nyger Morgan never ups his medication.