Skip to main content

C.A.: 2008 Topps Wacky Packages Flashbacks 2 Screech Tape sticker

(Happy Halloween, kiddies. Welcome to the day that I call "just another work night." Instead of handing out candy to children both cute and rude or hitting the party circuit, I'll be toiling under artificial light at my usual post. Have a Reese's on me. This is Cardboard Appreciation, the 191st in a series):


Don't you just hate those collectors who seem to have a card for every occasion? "Oh, it's 'Arbor Day,' here's my card of a ballplayer climbing a tree! Hey, it's April Fool's Day, here are all my Milton Bradley cards!"

I admit, I try to be that collector, periodically. But it's only periodic because most of the time I can't find an appropriate card or cards. I just don't have that varied of a collection. I also didn't collect much in the 1990s, which is a definite drawback when trying to match a card with any occasion. Trust me.

But every once in awhile, my love for Wacky Packages pays off.

This one is fantastic. It's a tribute to the very year that I collected Wacky Packages, in 1975. Topps reprinted a whole bunch of old WP stickers from '75 and various other years.

I really wish I kept all the Wacky Packs I bought in '75. I might try to re-acquire those. ... right after I finish like 7 other baseball sets.

OK, back to work.

Don't eat all your kids' candy.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Excellent Wacky Pack! I bought what seems like a ton of Wacky Packs in 1975, but I don't remember that one. I've been meaning to do a post on what l still have... yet another post idea I never quite get around to...
I had a single Reese's Peanut Butter Cup. It was a nice round hunk of heaven.
CaptKirk42 said…
Love Wacky Packs. I'm in a similar boat I wish I still had all my originals. When I was in 3rd grade I had a friend or rather a classmate who on one occasion had bought a box of wacky pages (2nd or 3rd series I forget which series it was at the time). Back then buying by the box was unheard of even though the packs were what 25cents? Anyway as you know back then a full box would have yielded at least 2 full sets. I ended up buying a set from him. I don't recall how much I had paid him, maybe 5 or 10 bucks? However I never got the full set home I was stupid enough to show other classmates my resent acquisition and was coerced and pressured into selling some of the stickers to the other kids. I don't recall how many of them I ended up keeping. It wasn't many. I think the going rate was 25 or 50 cents per sticker.
CaptKirk42 said…
um packages not "pages"