Skip to main content

It's going to be one of those weeks

Today starts a week in which my workplace has decided that days off are highly overrated. Why do we need days off when it's such a blessing to work where we do?

Their solution for anyone who is ill-mannered enough to whine about this arrangement is to "take a day off some other time." Well, March is habitually and wonderfully stuffed with crap, so "some other time" will end up being in April. Let's hope I make it that far.

That means posts on this blog will be remarkably devoid of content. I'm not organized enough to plan posts days ahead of time, so keep your expectations low. For example, what you're getting here is a listing of a few one-card trades.

Think of it this way: how many times have you cursed me for too many images on one post? This is the opposite of that.

First, here's a card from Chris at Maddux, Glavine and Smoltz:


Very simple. It's a Finest card from 2009 of Andre Ethier. I have a parallel or two of this item, but not the base card. I do things backwards like this all the time.

Chris actually did send me a second card. It's that Ethier Co-Signers card in which his uniform number is featured as "61" on the front and "16" on the back. But I've shown it before.

Oh, hell, let's show it again. It's always good for a laugh:


Zaniness.

The second one-card trade, actually wasn't a one-card trade. But there was one card that touched off the trade:


I've seen several of these "Shirt Off My Back" Leaf cards, but this is the first one I've owned. Justin from Justin's World was nice enough to ship it off to me for some mere Cubs (redundant, I know).

He also sent some night cards. I'm saving those for when it's nighty-night-card time.

He also sent these:


I believe these were sent to you if you requested a fan pack from the Dodgers this past year. They're 8x10ish and I really need to buy myself some pages for larger items like this.

A deal with Justin also means I get to knock Louisiana off the trade map:



Thirty-nine states down! It's really ticking me off that I haven't traded with anyone from Vermont. I mean it's RIGHT THERE. I should just get in a car, drive over the border and accost the first person I see with "wanna trade cards?"

The final one-card trade is from Chris of Nachos Grande.

He's one of many trying to complete the all-diamond parallel set (I can hear Topps cackling right now). He had an extra card that I wanted:


Oooooooh. It's hallucinogen-a-rific!

I still need to send Chris his cards. But I don't receive "snow days" so it's going to take a little bit longer.

Speaking of which, that's all I have time for. In fact, how dare I spend this much time away from my job?

What was I thinking?

I'm such an ungrateful employee.

Comments

Nachos Grande said…
I don't get snow days either (typically)...but since I drive an hour to work everyday, I do have the luxury of making my own "snow day"...so long as it's only once or twice a semester!
Justin McLeod said…
I've been blogged by Night Owl! My life is complete! :)


Word V = blest