Skip to main content

Chill out, four eyes


A few months ago, I announced that I was going to feature "The Best Glasses On Baseball Cards. Period" countdown in April.

I figured that would give me enough time to search out the cards that I needed for an appropriately classic countdown.

Unfortunately, a few things happened. First, life threw me a few curves. I've been dealing with them ever since.

Also, I wasn't able to track down any glasses cards at the last card show because other objectives interfered.

So, here I am, three days away from the end of April, and this countdown ain't happening this month.

But it WILL happen.

I just need some more time to round up a few more cards.

Besides, a new contender heard there was a contest and wanted to enter so badly that it found its way to my home.

Carl Crawford Cards realized that the countdown includes only cards that are in my possession.

So, he put a 1933 Goudey card into my possession.

Here it is:


Holy octagon.

Is there any reason to do the countdown anymore?


(More on this card later).

Comments

Anonymous said…
LOL that's an awesome card!

I'd say no reason for the contest now... BUT, I still want to see the cards you were going to pit against each other. Wait, scratch that, I NEED to see them.
Stealing Home said…
the most awesome glasses ever ! did this guy just set the bar too high?
Commishbob said…
Now everyone else is playing for second place.
carlsonjok said…
Well, if by "best" glasses you mean the dorkiest, I think Chris Sabo could still give this guy a run for his money.
Fuji said…
Sweet card... gotta love how fashion evolves over the years.
Once a Cub said…
While that card is clearly amazing, I immediately thought of Ryan Berry's 2011 Heritage Minors card. Its easy to pick of past fashion mistakes but his card is from last year! Just eBay search "Ryan Berry Heritage" and you'll see what I mean.

I guess you could argue that he is choosing to look this way and the other guys are just going with the fashions of the day...but did you see that guy?!?
Glad you enjoyed the card! Macfayden looks downright menacing, no? He WANTS to kick your ass, he WANTS to win.