Skip to main content

Awesomest night card, round 1, part 8


Time's up. Pencils down. Papers up to the front. The poll results are in, and it's grading time.

I don't know what I was thinking, believing the voting for the last group of night cards would be close. It's clear that everyone thought how I thought: this '82 Fleer card could be the King of All Night Cards.

But that's getting ahead of myself. There are so many more night cards to see.

Here is how the voting shaped up for the recent group:

1. 1982 Fleer '81 All-Star Game: 25 votes
2. 1988 Topps Dodgers Leaders: 4 votes
3. 2008 Upper Deck Yorvit Torrealba: 3 votes
4. 1990 Score '89 World Series: 3 votes
5. 1982 Donruss Elias Sosa: 3 votes
6. 2008 Upper Deck Rudy Seanez: 1 vote

That is a definite beat-down.

So, let's see if the next group can be a little more competitive. I have my doubts, as you'll soon find out:


1. 1991 Score Mark Leiter: Even though Leiter is wearing a Yankee uniform, he has a long way to go to become the Yankee apologist that his brother is. And I used to like Al.


2. 1975 Topps Game 5, 1974 World Series: For my money, the saddest night card ever. Joe Rudi is circling the bases with what proved to be the Series-clinching home run. And all my Favorite Player Ever can do is watch.


3. 2009 O-Pee-Chee Chris Ray: One of two players to compete for both World Series teams this past season. I'm glad I have something else to associate with Mr. Ray, because I have mixed Chris Ray up with Zach Day for years.


4. 2004 Topps Albert Pujols: Anytime there is a night card of Pujols, it is a worthy contender.


5. 1978 Topps '77 World Series, Reggie Jackson: But is Pujols big enough to knock off Reggie's '77 Series performance? I don't think so.

So those are the candidates this time around. The new poll is ready on the sidebar. If you would cast your vote, I would be much obliged.

Comments

cynicalbuddha said…
I have to go with Reggie. Reggieeeeeee!!!!!!!
That Reggie card was the first baseball card of any type I ever owned. It came to me in a trade from some of my Star Wars cards.

I have to vote for my very first card.
Matt Runyon said…
Gotta go with the 75 Topps! The Reggie card gets honorable mention.
Anonymous said…
One for you at my place!
Anonymous said…
I gotta go with the '75 card too. I mean com' on... two star players, World Series, great moment captured, how can that be beat?

I voted for that '81 Fleer card too. That was awesome. An All-Star game, and all the stars are on that one card (tho too small to really see)!
AdamE said…
Ugh.. Can't stand Reggie. Hopefully there are enough Yankee haters out there to vote him out. I say the 75 Topps moves onto the next round.