Skip to main content

Stuck on 1975

 
Just a quick post tonight. There's not a lot of time and you've seen these cards way too much on this blog.

Yeah, I'm talking about 1975 Topps again. You know I'll never stop right?
 

On the occasion of Canada Day earlier this month I ordered up some O-Pee-Chee cards. I try to do something like that every July 1.

This time I finally grabbed a few '75 OPC Dodgers. I've been very delinquent with this particular year with OPC, not sure why.

All of the above are big cards so I am happy with the progress even though there are still Garvey and Sutton to go. 

 I also did a little bit of work with my '75 buyback chase. Just two cards this time but both are notable.
 

This Al Downing is now among my worst-conditioned buybacks. This doesn't matter to me at all. As I've said many times, Topps already marred the card with the stamp.

So that card was cheap, but this one wasn't:


I think I spent more for this card than any other buyback, but the guy is going into the Hall of Fame one day. It wasn't much more than what you'd pay for an unstamped '75 Baker.

That's a decent get for the chase. I'm up to 472 buybacks for the set now, which is 72% of the entire set.

So that's it. There are no more '75 cards on the horizon, so I think you're spared until the next worst-to-best countdown.

Comments

Give me back my OPC, and Braves buyback too.
Nick said…
I kinda love that Topps slipped a few beat-up buybacks into packs. That's what a truly "used" card looks like.
Old Cards said…
I like posts about 75 Topps or OPC. Not much on buybacks but pulling for you to complete them.
POISON75 said…
I am still in the works of having all 3 of the 1975 sets in my PC. I finished the full size at 30 the mini at 40 hoping to get OPC by the time I'm 50 currently I still have 59 more including the Brett,Rice,Carter RCs both Aaron bookends #1 & 660 respectively & other commons & stars. I have beautiful Yount already & I'm under 2 years remaining in my deadline
Bo said…
I'm kind of surprised you haven't been collecting '75 OPC. Gives you another '75 set to chase.
1984 Tigers said…
Growing up in Detroit, we'd sometime see OPC cards but, for whatever reason, there was little interest in them at the time. Years later, I picked up the abbreviated 77 opc baseball set (much shorter version than 77 topps) and liked the backgrounds and also they had several photos from spring training of players in their new Montreal and Toronto uniforms.

Paul t
bbcardz said…
Love this post, mainly because it features a Dodger player named "Andy". 8)
Matt said…
Love your buyback updates!
Stack22 said…
Have you seen a Brett, Yount, Carter, or any of the big rookies from the set for sale as buy backs yet? I'm curious to know if they're even out there.