I am very lazy today. Vacation is 12 hours away, relatives are out of the house, and there is about 15 pounds of sugar coursing through my bloodstream at the present time. With a cake-cookie-ice cream-strawberry shortcake-cinnamon roll-induced nap on the horizon, let's see if I can get a simple pack break of Topps Series 2 up on the blog without dozing off.
Actually, it's a two-pack break. The first is a simple loose pack. The second is a rack pack. I've already shown a cereal box here. If I buy a blaster, that will appear here, too.
I'm in such a sugar haze that I couldn't even go out to the car and find the wrappers. So I filched the Pedroia pack image from A Pack To Be Named Later. Sorry. The sugar made me do it.
OK, here is the pack:
1. #657 - Chris Young, Padres
2. #561 - Ryan Zimmerman, Nationals (Young and Zimmerman seem to appear together in Topps' wonderful collation. There are more examples of this later).
3. #430 - Kazuo Matsu, Astros4. #498 - Sergio Santos, White Sox
5. #480 - Boston Red Sox
6. #379 - Phil Hughes, Yankees
7. Million Card Giveaway code card
8. #CMT108 - Mariano Rivera, Yankees, Card Your Mom Threw Out (it's difficult to see on the white background, but the card seems to be miscut and features a white line down the right side).
9. Alex Rodriguez, Yankees, Topps Attax code card10. #658 - Tommy Hunter, Rangers
11. #624 - Carlos Beltran, Mets
12. #562 - Carlos Quentin, White Sox (OK, remember the Hunter, Beltran, Quentin sequence)
Here is the rack pack. I liked this much better:
1. #356 - Angels Franchise history (big Mike Scoscia holding the WS trophy)2. #435 - Nelson Cruz, Rangers
3. #501 - Jake Peavy, White Sox
4. #591 - Fernando Rodney, Angels
5. #418 - Aaron Laffey, Indians
6. #461 - Tyson Ross, Athletics
7. #392 - Carlos Monasterios, Dodgers
8. #637 - Prestigous Pinstripe Power (Ruth & Gehrig) (these 3 cards also appeared in the same order in the one cereal box I bought).
9. #553 - Florida Marlins
10. #539 - Arizona Diamondbacks
11. #429 - Seth Smith, Rockies
12. Chase Utley, Phillies, Topps Attax code card
17. #354 - Evan Longoria, Rays
19. #624 - Carlos Beltran, Mets
20. #562 - Carlos Quentin, White Sox (wonderful. I just love picking up two packs of cards -- two packs! -- and getting the same three cards in each pack. Nice job, Topps).
22. #531 - Matt Cain, Giants
23. #655 - Ryan Madson, Phillies
26. #534 - Hideki Okajima, Red Sox
27. #451 - Michael Saunders, Mariners
28. #641 - Chase Headley, Padres
33. #358 - Mark Buehrle, White Sox
34. #439 - Emilio Bonafacio, Marlins