Skip to main content

Gint-a-cuffs, it's baaack!

When I last did this Gint-a-cuffs thing, I was pulling relics at an alarming rate. So, I guess you're wondering: will this be a four-hit box? Will I pull a red-ink auto, which have been popping up all over the place? Will I stuff this post with fake hits now that Topps has agreed to sponsor Gint-a-Cuffs and give a prize to the winner?

Oh, hell, I'm terrible at keeping surprises. No it won't, and no, I won't, and no, I won't again. But please read anyway. Here are packs 16-18:

PACK 16

121 - Ryan Church (0 points)

113 - Rafael Furcal (+1, favorite team). Furcal's finally hitting above .250. So that's something, I guess. His fielding is making me nervous though.

102 - Edison Volquez (0 points)
241 - Trevor Cahill (0 points)
93 - David DeJesus (0 points)
41 - Victor Martinez (0 points)

25 - Evan Longoria mini, A&G back (+3 favorite players list mini, +2 A&G back, +5 total)


NP55 - Kosuke Fukudome, National Pride (+4, favorite player list)

PACK 16 SCORE: 10 points
TOTAL SCORE SO FAR: 209 points

Pretty good. Still don't expect to get anywhere near Mr. 347, though.

PACK 17

222 - Akinori Iwamura (0 points)
245 - Todd Helton (0 points)
263 - Brian Duensing (0 points)
119 - Scott Lewis (0 points)
35 - Geovany Soto (+2, favorite players list). I can't be the first person to find it fitting that the drug Soto got caught with was pot. The Cubs can't even do the performance-enhancing thing correctly (OK, now an indignant Cub fan is going to point out Sammy Sosa).

347 - Yovani Gallardo (SP, +5)

87 - Aaron Cook mini, A&G back (+2)
88 - Brad Penny mini (0 points)
NP64 - Francisco Liriano, National Pride (0 points)

Two minis in the pack. Nine total cards! Yay!

PACK 17 SCORE: 9 points
TOTAL SCORE SO FAR: 218 points

PACK 18
165 - Chase Utley (+2, favorite player list)
223 - Scott Rolen (0 points)
299 - Shairon Martis (0 points)
257 - Heinrich Hertz (electronic engineer, 0 points)

128 - Red Moore (+2, Negro League star)
294 - Tim Hudson (0 points)

229 - Mark Ellis, black-bordered mini (+3)
NP47, Ryan Howard, National Pride (0 points)

PACK 18 SCORE: 7 points
TOTAL SCORE SO FAR: 225 points

Not as exciting as the last time, huh? That's OK. Allen & Ginter posts are good for you. Learning and history and all that stuff. They're filled with vitamins and minerals, too.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to watch Jason Schmidt make his first start since June of 2007. I think it's going to go swimmingly, don't you?

Comments

The streak is alive....sort of!

My confirmation work is baledrou...as in bailed are you on the streak.
That would be word..not work.