Hey, it's another downsizing post. I didn't get to one of these in June and there are still cards that need to go out the door.
I've been pretty lax in adding cards to my collection, too. I blame some of this on the post office. There's been two times in the last month where I've ordered a single card ... and then waited a month for it to arrive. The second one hasn't appeared yet, and it damn well better because it finishes a team set and it wasn't cheap (i.e. another Heritage short-print).
That's put a damper on ordering through the mail, just a little. But a few cards have indeed arrived.
I've recently returned to the team O-Pee-Chee quest. After finishing off the '80s sets and some of the late '70s I moved on to other things. But it's time to get back. I'm starting with 1990 because it's the easiest. That Orel Hershiser was a former Nebulous Nine need.
BlueSky followers know that this 1965 Topps Leon Wagner card arrived in the mail a few days ago. While this may seem like a random pick-up of a great card, it has more of a purpose than that.
Ten years ago I received this broken-in copy as part of a giveaway prize from Red Cardboard. I've been amused by the left corner nibble and the announcement of Auburn, Indiana's zip code ever since. But it was time for a copy that better matches my other 1965 Topps cards.
The zip-code parallel is not part of my downsizing, I'm keeping it.
Last week I visited my sister-in-law and per usual there were some store packs waiting for me. This time it was an assortment of hanger packs from 2025 Series 2, Update and a couple 2026 Series 1 packs. Some of it is in the short stack picture at the top of the post (although I've already put away the Series 2/Update).
There wasn't the usual pull excitement that I get with her packs this time, although I did pull a low-numbered card that will be going out to a fellow collector. For me, the best card was this Dynamic Duos card from last year. I've done so poorly on nabbing Dodgers inserts recently.
So that's the way it's been the last month or so, a lot of a-card-here-and-a-card there. If I'm downsizing that's the way to do it.
So let's get to what I want out of here.
Still not done with ridding myself of 2016 and 2017 cards. It was good period for the blog, but definitely not one for baseball cards. Mostly a small assortment of Archives and 2017 Update this time around. No Aaron Judge, don't get excited. About 60 cards total.
I liked Topps' Big League sets until they got weird. But the 2018 one didn't stick with me. There are 70 cards here that I'd like to scrap.
Thanks to the other downsizings I've gotten rid of sets that I never liked -- that I've been tempted to simply throw out in the past. Here is one of the last remaining sets in that category -- 1992 Score is one of my least favorite Score sets. I'm surprised I still have so much. While I'm added it to the "discard list," some of those early '90s Score boxed sets didn't appeal to me either.
This is the bulk of the cards -- around 150 total. The entire lot is around 300.
So, like the last time, I'm giving all of these cards away -- in one shot -- to the first commenter who says they want them. They also must email me their address if I don't have it already.
Also, I may pad the box with a few other cards. So if you're interested in '82 Donruss or '92 Topps -- or, god knows why, 1990 Topps -- say the word. I got extras. Otherwise I'll try to gear it toward your team.
If these don't get claimed, I'll put some of them back in my collection. The others I don't know what I'll do. Trick-or-treaters may have an all-new collection of 1992 Score.
Meanwhile I have some small envelopes heading out soon to Johnny's Trading Spot, Batting Out Of Order and Baseball Cards Come to Life, as well as a couple of others.
There still isn't enough room to get more binders on the shelf, so I'll keep downsizing until there is. Expect maybe 2 or 3 more of these.









Comments