Skip to main content

The very latest

 
Around 15 years ago, I was up on the very latest in cards, all the new releases, when to get them, where to get them, etc.
 
The internet made it easy. There were several card sites that posted release dates regularly. Even some card blogs were there to tell you which set was coming out when. And I'd try to track everything: flagship, Heritage, Gypsy Queen, Bowman, Allen & Ginter, Chrome, Archives, etc., etc.
 
It's much different now. Information on the hobby is a lot more scattered. Most of all, I barely check release dates anymore. But it's not because the info is more difficult to find -- I just don't care. Mostly what I need is the date when flagship first comes out and the same with Heritage. And that's it.
 
I still want the Dodger cards though and, fortunately, a select few people still send me them. But now it's a surprise when the new cards come out.
 
Cards On Cards sent me another couple of envelopes a couple of weeks ago. It contained the very latest. And in some cases, I didn't even know the sets were out.
 

Bowman for 2026 is here. This was my first indication. It came out in May. I had no idea. I don't frequent any site that is interested in Bowman. It looks like it always does. (That's a future post. You've been warned because I'm sure many will want to skip it).
 
 

One of those prospect cards that looks enough like the base cards to play with your head -- yes, I'm still not over this, my brain will never be happy that Bowman does this. At least I know who Zyhir Hope is.
 
 

2026 Panini Donruss is here, too. It also was released in May. Meanwhile, I'm still trying to tackle what 2025 Donruss had to offer for my team set ("tackle" is too strong a word, more like "I'll get to it when I get to it").
 
Another uninspiring offering. I guess Panini has stopped paying tribute to past sets with this product --make sense, 1992 Donruss was closing in.
 
 

Going back to 2025 for a couple of Panini sets -- Prizm and Select. No idea when these released. Don't even tell me, I have enough trouble keeping useful information in my head.
 
 

I do know when 2025 Stadium Club released, just because it was so bonkers with a February 2026 date. The color parallels with this set are one of the rare examples in which they look better in person than on a backlit screen. I thought I hated them until seeing them close up.
 
 

OK, we're in familiar territory now with these flagship inserts. These are essentially the same insert (star or rookie with the title du jour). But I needed them and that's what matters!
 
 

Ah yes, very familiar with this card and the set. This is the chrome version of one of the Heritage World Series cards, all of which are short-prints (the base cards, not the chrome cards). Still need the base version -- haven't gotten to the point where the chrome version is good enough, I hope I will some day.
 
Even though I'm no longer up on the very latest, I still do act the same way with the cards once I get them -- I rejoice when they come out of the envelope, I immediately check them off on TCDB and I can't wait for the day when I can add them to the binders.
 
Which I shall do this very night.
 
Some things don't change. 

Comments

Wonderful new cards from Cards on Cards! Glad he's looking out for you. I know I would, too, if I opened packs. But I largely can't justify it other than the one time after Series 1 comes out in February. At least it comes out in February for now.