Skip to main content

For the card collector who has everything

 
I have a lot of cards. TCDB says I have 101,790, and I know for a fact that I have more than that, even without including all the Dodgers dupes.

So I realize it's not easy to find cards to send me even with a lot of interests. Yet, people still try and I really do appreciate it.

Some attempts have been made recently that I need to acknowledge here, there was varying success.
 


An envelope of cards from the very busy Fuji. The purpose of this send was supplying me with one of the three remaining cards I need from the 1985 Rock Star Concert set. All that's left is a Huey Lewis card and another Pat Benatar card (think the "Love Is A Battlefield" video).

Fuji added a couple of Baseball Card Magazine cards from the early '90s, but I own each of those already. The beauty of these cards, though, is they're subject to the cutting whims of the magazine owner. I know for sure that this Ramon Martinez is a finer trim than the one I previously owned.



This envelope arrived from Max. He was sending me the Darryl Stawberry for my 1985 Fleer set. He added a Dodger insert (got it already) and a couple of mid-1990s Sabres cards. I'm not collecting Sabres cards from this period anymore but they are my first Flair hockey cards.



Reader Derek, I'm sure you've seen his comments around, sent me this card as thanks for some of the cards I sent him (he was a big contest winner at my blog last year). I have a whole bunch of Shawn Green relic cards, so many in fact that I gave away some of them a few years ago.

However, this is my first Shawn Green "Game-Used Base" card. How delightfully odd. Did Green touch the base? Did he take it home with him after the game? What's the connection? All the back says is that the base was used in Dodger Stadium in 2001.


Also, I hope that Derek didn't pay $48 for this card. Even in Canadian cash, that's too much.
 


These are two needs from 2023 Heritage from Mark, who's been a periodic trade partner of mine over the years. These are two of the final four non-short prints I needed for the set. All that's left is #95 (Garrett Mitchell) and #338 (a second Mookie Betts-Byron Buxton All-Star card).

I've already started picking off a few SPs for the set here and there, apparently I'm dead serious about finishing this thing.

So, you know, Heritage SPs are good thing to send this collector who has everything.😏

-------------------------------------------------

A new post is up on the 1993 Upper Deck blog!

Comments

Bo said…
Those BCM cards are a lot of fun. I find myself gravitating toward them when I am looking for cards to add to a TCDB trade, though I have resisted making a wantlist for them.
Fuji said…
Just bought three boxes of cards over the weekend at the flea market. It's mostly partial set builds from the late 90's/early 2000's. I'll go through your needs and hopefully be able to find something you can use.
Old Cards said…
Kudos to the generosity of your readers!
Brett Alan said…
I've got at least one or two relics with bits of a base in them. Saw at least one at the card show yesterday. And Topps Now sells relics with bases (I don't want to call them "base relics", because that's something else) for ridiculous prices.
1984 Tigers said…
Love the 69 retro Hershiser. Also, if I didn't have enough to do to straighten out my man cave, that music set would be something worth going for someday. My era of loving the mixed stage of rock. Stones. Pat Benatar. Ratt. Police. Those I remember you sharing from the set. Can't remember the other groups but I listened to the whole gamut. Love my sirius xm 80s on 8 these days.

I think my collection peaked at about 40k in the early 90s when I stopped buying new stuff.

I have bought a few of the collectors choice repack at walgreens lately. Especially using my walgreens bucks. Those are fun to go through.
Derek said…
I most definitely did not pay $48 for the Green card, that was the price of the toploader!

Just kidding... That was just the next toploader in the stack
Nick said…
I always worry I'm gonna end up sending a big stack of dupes whenever I put a package together for you because of how huge your Dodgers collection is. If even a small fraction of what I've sent over the years have been needs, that makes me happy!

(Also if you need a home for that spare '69-style Hershiser, I'd be glad to have it!)
Jon said…
The Baseball Card Magazine cards are really great. Pretty much the only time I ever see those is when someone shows them in a blog post.