Skip to main content

I knew the words before the stadium anthems and soundtracks



...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...


(There's always got to be one).


Many thanks to ARPSmith's Sports Obsession, One Man's Junk (Wax) and The Writer's Journey for supplying these 1982 Topps wants so I can pointlessly illustrate what my favorite song was in 1982.

I am getting closer to having all of the Topps sets from my childhood completed.

And then I truly WILL be the maker of rules.

(Damn youtube and their copyright rules took away my videos. Linking for those who don't know).

Comments

JediJeff said…
It's my prerogative to leave a comment.
Jamie Meyers said…
Interesting post. Interesting video too, in that Alan Parsons is singing lead. He almost never did that on any of the records. The original vocalist on this and many other great APP songs, Eric Woolfson, died several years back. APP never toured in the 80's because they didn't think they could adequately reproduce their sound live given then-current technology. That said, I don't know when this performance occurred but it sounded great. Loved their music back in the day. Still do.
night owl said…
The performance was in Madrid in 2004. Youtube link to the full concert: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekO_9sm9pVA

I also loved their music. Bought their albums as they came out, starting with Turn Of A Friendly Card, and then backtracked.
arpsmith said…
Thanks for the flashback, I think it has been decades since I have heard this song. I wasn't a huge fan of theirs but this song was a favorite.