Skip to main content

Captured!

Today is a day of completion, as well as a day of freakish coincidence.

First, the completion. The card here arrived in the mail today from Max, more commonly known on the interwebs as jacob mrley. He sent a whole heap of amazing cards, probably one of the most pleasant card packages I have ever received. But I'll save those for another post.

This card of Joe Orsulak is the last card I needed to complete the 1986 Topps set. It has eluded me for quite awhile. I even whined about it on this post. It must have struck a chord because two other bloggers have said they would send this card to me, as well. In fact, I believe one of them has already sent it (Sorry, Johngy!).

I am happy that I don't have to whine any longer. Orsulak has been rooted out and captured.

And that brings me to the freakish coincidence. On the same day that I received this Orsulak card, Jeff of Card Junkie riffed on my Orsulak post on his blog. He needs the Jeff Francoeur card to complete his 2009 Topps Series I set and wrote up an entertaining rip-off, er, homage, no more than 3 hours after I received the Orsulak card in the mail. Considering I wrote the Orsulak post back in early January, I find that a tad freaky.

So thanks to Max for ending my quest for Orsulak. And if someone out there has card No. 42 for Jeff, how about lending a hand? (And if you've got a spare, send one to me. I need the card of Frenchy, too).

Comments

Jeffrey Wolfe said…
Good news! A reader has come to my aid w/#42 and thanks Greg I guess great minds do think alike!