Skip to main content

Black Friday starts today


My daughter received an email this morning from her former place of employment exclaiming, "BLACK FRIDAY STARTS TODAY!"

How typical of a profit-seeking business. Can't be satisfied with suckering people into their stores the day after Thanksgiving, they have to take Thanksgiving and the whole week, too.

I won't be participating in Black Friday, either in person or online, as is my custom. But please don't go away disappointed! I do have some black-themed goods for you today. Matt from Bubba's Bangin' Batch of Baseball Bits sent me a bunch of cardboard darkness!

First, he showed me a soccer card to throw me off the trail:


He mumbled something in a note about all the cards being soccer cards. "Oh, great," I said to myself, completely falling for it. "I've got to get the chimney inspected so I can burn all these cards in the fireplace on camera."

But I won't fall for a tirade on everything I don't understand about soccer. It's Black Friday today! Let's see some blackness that I received for free! What a deal!!!


Wow, isn't that stellar?

This Ginter X set is pretty much made for me. Too bad I don't throw money at online exclusives. I love the way the different colors in the A&G lettering beam off the dark background. Let's see some more:


My goodness, I think that might be the entire Dodger set. I'll have to look that up later when I'm not so enamored.

Matt even extended the darkness into another set, which I just so happen to be collecting:


It's two more of the Heritage Stand-Ups (that don't stand up). I love these things, too. Getting a bit closer to finishing them.

I'm afraid that was all of the black cards that I received, but Matt added a few more off my want list:


Some lighter, brighter A&G Dodgers.



Some lighter, brighter minis, too. Excellent. Matt also sent the Ginter X Gonzalez mini at the top of the post.





Finally, a couple of needed inserts of a guy who might be traded and a guy who will never be traded.

Matt is assembling his own black-bordered A&G mini frankenset. That's going for the gusto. I'm not even half as close to finishing my own A&G mini frankenset and I'm not confining mine to black borders only.

Anyway, he's looking for thoughts on how he should break some frankenset ties. Go lend your opinion.

It'll give you something to do between Black Friday ads.

Comments

Bubba said…
Glad you enjoyed them! Thanks for lending your opinion!
Tony L. said…
For some reason, the bridge from Metallica's "One" came to my head...."Darkness, imprisoning me, all that I see, absolute horror, I cannot live, I cannot die, trapped in my holding cell."

Oh, just me? Um, sorry.