Skip to main content

Man, oh, man, oh, man, oh, Manny

OK, we have a problem here.

First, I am happy to see that my favorite Manny Sanguillen card of the 1970s is leading the poll. But unfortunately, it is not leading by itself. And that's the problem.
The 1970 Manny Sanguillen, with his giant novelty glove, is tied for the lead.

I would like the '71 card to win, but whether it does or not, WE HAVE TO BREAK THE TIE!

There is only one day to vote. Please vote if you haven't. I need a definitive answer on the best '70 Manny Sanguillen. The future of ridiculous posts on ridiculous blog polls hinges on your very vote!!!!!

Click here if you need to see the cards again.

As an extra incentive to vote, I bring you one more 1970s Sanguillen card. You might remember the 1977 Topps Sanguillen card.
It's an atrocious card, no? The airbrush machine apparently exploded all over Manny. And he doesn't appear to be too happy about it.

This card hasn't received a single vote and I am not surprised.

However, reader Tony emailed me a scan of the 1977 O-Pee-Chee card of Manny Sanguillen. And this card shows you just what an airbrushed masterpiece is:
Isn't that great? The "A" on Sanguillen's cap is both giant AND crooked. (You'll note Tony got this card signed).

OK, enough about Manny. Break the tie!

Comments

Contrary Guy said…
1971 Manny signing his contract for the upcoming season (though why on the top line I am not sure).