Skip to main content

Fishing for a Kershaw auto

I received notice a day or so ago that someone will be sending me a 2009 Clayton Kershaw autographed card. That is seriously nice of Chris. And I'll be sure to reserve the next A&G auto I get for him.

But that doesn't mean I'm done with Kershaw autos. I may not need the A&G Kershaw signature anymore, but I know there are a few other Clayton autos out there, since bloggers keep pulling them everywhere.

Fortunately, I just won a contest at The Mojo Hand last week. And my winnings are in my possession. So, now I can use a couple of the cards as bait for Kershaws, or something else that agrees with my collection. Because my collection is very particular. Finicky, even.

The first card I'm offering up for trade is a deadly serious one. In exchange for it, I would really like a Kershaw autographed card, preferably from this year. But we can work something out.

This might be the thickest card I have ever owned. You could use it for a doorstop, if you were, you know, careless or something. It's a 2007 Upper Deck Exquisite Carl Crawford-signed, serial-numbered-to-20, high-end, fancy pants card.

Anyone who is interested in it, make an offer -- either in email (use the one in my profile or listed with my want lists, not my work email) or the comments -- and I'll take the one I like the best.

OK, that's card No. 1. Mojo also sent me this card:

I really need to get this thing out of my house. No offense, Mojo, but it's got to GO. Anybody have a Dodger relic they can send me in exchange for this? I promise, I'll take good care of Teixeira while I wait. I won't make him sit outside in the alley way. I'll feed him his caviar and lay out a bed of $100,000 bills for him to sleep on, just how he likes it. But once I get that Dodger, it's out on the street with him.

(Speaking of which, I still have the A-Rod A&G relic cooling its heels here. It's headed to John, if he still needs him. Otherwise, that's on the block, too).

The bulk of my prize was a bunch of 2009 A&G, which is great. I have so much of the stuff now that I think there were just two base cards that I needed in the big stack that I received. But adding to the trade pile is not a bad thing at all.

Plus, I received a couple sketch cards, and a bunch of minis, too, which is the best part of A&G when you get to the "on-the-verge of completion stage."

Here is one of the minis. What's a card set without an infamous criminal? I'm not collecting any of the insert sets except for the National Pride cards, so this one is available, too.

That's more like it. Seeing as how I still need Dodger minis from the 2008 A&G set, I don't expect to get all of them from this year. But that's the goal.

Also, I received some key Dodgers thrown in, which is very awesome.

A numbered blue parallel of Andre Ethier from 2007. I'm not crazy about this particular color of blue. I know that's a weird thing to say. But, you know me, I've got color issues.

A much more pleasing numbered blue refractor of the Dodgers' most consistent starter, Randy Wolf. Sorry I doubted you, Randy.

And a numbered photographer's proof Stadium Club card of Manny Ramirez and the missing umpire. Awesome!

As you've probably figured out already, Mr. Mojo is very generous. And he runs great contests. Make sure you enter the next time he has one. You won't be disappointed. Maybe you'll end up with a Kershaw auto out of it. I hope to.

Comments

Mr J Mel said…
Like Pavlov's dogs saliva is starting to form. Drooling is in my future. Love the Crawford card, but am lacking in the Kershaw department. I may have to look around an see what I can come up with......
madding said…
I think I've mentioned this before, but I have a Kershaw auto I'd be willing to trade for something (that I'd consider) cool.
night owl said…
Sent you an email, madding.
Of course i want that cc auto... I have been on the lookout for a kershaw auto for you for a while, the quest will continue!
Nachos Grande said…
Mr. Kershaw's auto should be finding it's way to the post office enroute to you tomorrow morning!
Sooz said…
Perhaps a 3-way trade could happen. I have a Kershaw, but not interested in the Teix (sorry). Maybe someone else has something and we could do a 3-blogger blockbuster.
night owl said…
I'm cool with that. If someone is interested in the Crawford and has something you'd like, sounds good to me!
Drew said…
Hey night owl, is the A-Rod still availible? Email me at yanks1996wsc@gmail.com if so. Thanks, Drew

I already have the Texiera, sorry